the new normal in the u.s.?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Trump Fires Adviser’s Son From Transition for Spreading Fake News

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/us/politics/michael-flynn-son-trump.html?_r=0

President-elect Donald J. Trump on Tuesday fired one of his transition team’s staff members, Michael G. Flynn, the son of Mr. Trump’s choice for national security adviser, for using Twitter to spread a fake news story about Hillary Clinton that led to an armed confrontation in a pizza restaurant in Washington.

Hope springs eternal.
But is he gonna fire himself for spreading fake news?

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Again, shot down by more prominent news organizations within a day. Call me when Fox starts doing the same with the fake news on the right.
It didn't stop you from quickly running to this board and posting that article and others that insinuated Trump being in bed with the Russians. You were a willing participant in spreading fake news.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It didn't stop you from quickly running to this board and posting that article and others that insinuated Trump being in bed with the Russians. You were a willing participant in spreading fake news.
And then immediately updated the thread once more information came out that contradicted the story. Because facts actually matter to me. Meanwhile, there are people on this board who still post that Trump protesters were hired by ads on Craigslist despite the author of the fake news story admitting that the article and ad were intentionally falsified. Because facts don't matter to some people.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
And then immediately updated the thread once more information came out that contradicted the story. Because facts actually matter to me. Meanwhile, there are people on this board who still post that Trump protesters were hired by ads on Craigslist despite the author of the fake news story admitting that the article and ad were intentionally falsified. Because facts don't matter to some people.
Conservative I am. Fake news poster I am not.

Just wanted to get that on the record.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Who had heard about this?
US Ambassador to Belgium (Obama money bundler, appointed by Obama to the ambassadorship) investigated for soliciting prostitution including child prostitution. DOS bureaucrat Patrick Kennedy directs that State Department investigator Aurelia Fedenisn "cease the investigation and have the agent return to Washington." The same DOS IG memo said that "Mrs Clinton's personal bodyguards routinely hired prostitutes while travelling abroad with the former secretary of state, and that the practice was 'endemic.'"
Normally this would be Woodward and Bernstein territory. But this was a Democrat administration and a Democrat presidential candidate, so the conventional media did nothing with this story.

Huffington Post and Washington Post response was to allow Gutman to publish puff pieces about himself.
Crap like this was what open a window for alternative media to gain audience, and how fake news story outletys gain traction.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Who had heard about this?
US Ambassador to Belgium (Obama money bundler, appointed by Obama to the ambassadorship) investigated for soliciting prostitution including child prostitution. DOS bureaucrat Patrick Kennedy directs that State Department investigator Aurelia Fedenisn "cease the investigation and have the agent return to Washington." The same DOS IG memo said that "Mrs Clinton's personal bodyguards routinely hired prostitutes while travelling abroad with the former secretary of state, and that the practice was 'endemic.'"
Normally this would be Woodward and Bernstein territory. But this was a Democrat administration and a Democrat presidential candidate, so the conventional media did nothing with this story.

Huffington Post and Washington Post response was to allow Gutman to publish puff pieces about himself.

Crap like this was what open a window for alternative media to gain audience, and how fake news story outletys gain traction.
Like all the stuff about the Secret Service and the prostitutes in South America was swept under the rug and it didn't make national news for weeks.

You need to spend more time with your Daddy TW. You are incresingly drawn to the dark side.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Like all the stuff about the Secret Service and the prostitutes in South America was swept under the rug and it didn't make national news for weeks.

You need to spend more time with your Daddy TW. You are incresingly drawn to the dark side.
Actually, when I pointed out to my father that Obama's mother had deliberately sought out a communist as a mentor, he denied it, and asked, "Where did that come from?" I told him it was from Obama's autobiography.
Then, flummoxed, he resorted to saying "communism was not that bad."

He would rather embrace communism than admit that some Democrats are, well, not that nice.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Actually, when I pointed out to my father that Obama's mother had deliberately sought out a communist as a mentor, he denied it, and asked, "Where did that come from?" I told him it was from Obama's autobiography.
Then, flummoxed, he resorted to saying "communism was not that bad."

He would rather embrace communism than admit that some Democrats are, well, not that nice.
I have read Obama's book. Have you? I have also read the works of Franklin Marshall and found them inspiring. The books were rather innocuous and I don't understand the right wing firestorm it created.
I see you said some democrats, that is a great improvement from your previous posts lumping everyone together. I guess reading my posts has enlightened you to a degree.:tongue: You mentioned a brother. How does he lean politically?

Please don't post any more latin. I'm having difficulty with my translations.:)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I have read Obama's book. Have you? I have also read the works of Franklin Marshall and found them inspiring. The books were rather innocuous and I don't understand the right wing firestorm it created.
Communists killed maybe 100 million people in the 20th century. When I hear a college student defend communism, I try and be forgiving because they have not seen the killing fields of Cambodia, the gulags of the USSR or the massacre at Tienanmen Square. For people old enough to know better, I have to wonder what is wrong with their moral formation that they can look at communism and not see how the philosophy is related to killing fields/gulags/Tienanmen. Communists and their apologists get short shrift from me.
I see you said some democrats, that is a great improvement from your previous posts lumping everyone together. I guess reading my posts has enlightened you to a degree.:tongue:
I have had extended family members who were Democrats and were really decent hard-working people. (My wife's aunt and uncle, owned a tire shop and were really sweet people. They lived through the Depression, so I get that; but I don't know how welcome they'd be in today's Democrat party). It is Democrat officeholders that I find to be generally, well, not desirable public officials. (Please note that that does not by definition make Republican officeholders desirable). My sister is book smart, a common sense moron, pretty lazy and a lifelong Democrat. My father is fairly senile and just thoughtlessly does what MSNBC tells him to do. My father-in-law votes Democrat because Bill Clinton was getting some young "companionship" on the side. If you asked him to name a Democrat policy, he couldn't do it, much less explain what it means.
You mentioned a brother. How does he lean politically?
He's pretty similar to me. Not exactly but close.
Please don't post any more latin. I'm having difficulty with my translations.:)
I'll do what I can.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Thanks TW. I always enjoy and look forward to your posts.

After a sleepless night, I have decided that enjoy might not be the right word. Please change to "your posts infuriate me" :biggrin:

Communism without a doubt has been a disaster. Good in theory. Bad in practice.

Last edited:

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Glenn Greenwald - not a conservative rube.

That the emails in the Wikileaks archive were doctored or faked – and thus should be disregarded – was classic Fake News, spread not by Macedonian teenagers or Kremlin operatives but by established news outlets such as MSNBC, the Atlantic and Newsweek. And, by design, this Fake News spread like wildfire all over the internet, hungrily clicked and shared by tens of thousands of people eager to believe it was true. As a result of this deliberate disinformation campaign, anyone reporting on the contents of the emails was instantly met with claims that the documents in the archive had been proven fake.

The most damaging such claim came from MSNBC’s intelligence analyst Malcolm Nance. As I documented on October 11, he tweeted what he – for some bizarre reason – labeled an “Official Warning.” It decreed: “#PodestaEmails are already proving to be riddled with obvious forgeries &#blackpropaganda not even professionally done.” That tweet was re-tweeted by more than 4,000 people. It was vested with added credibility by Clinton-supporting journalists like Reid and Frum (“expert to take seriously”).

All of that, in turn, led to an article in something called “The Daily News Bin”with the headline: “MSNBC intelligence expert: WikiLeaks is releasing falsified emails not really from Hillary Clinton.” This classic fake news product – citing Nance and Reid among others – was shared more than 40,000 times on Facebook alone.

When Nance – MSNBC’s “intelligence analyst” – issued his “Official Warning,” he linked to a tweet that warned: “Please be skeptical of alleged#PodestaEmails. Trumpists are dirtying docs.” That tweet, in turn, linked to a tweet from an anonymous account calling itself “The Omnivore,” which had posted an obviously fake transcript purporting to be a Hillary Clinton speech to Goldman Sachs. Even though that fake document was never published by WikiLeaks, that was the entire basis for the MSNBC-inspired claim that some of the WikiLeaks documents were doctored.

But the person who created that forged Goldman Sachs transcript was not a “Trumpist” at all; he was a devoted supporter of Hillary Clinton. In the Daily Beast, the person behind the anonymous “The Omnivore” account unmasks himself as “Marco Chacon,” a self-professed creator of “viral fake news” whose targets were Sanders and Trump supporters (he specialized in blatantly fake anti-Clinton frauds with the goal of tricking her opponents into citing them, so that they would be discredited). When he wasn’t posting fabricated news accounts designed to make Clintons’ opponents look bad, his account looked like any other standard pro-Clinton account: numerous negative items about Sanders and then Trump, with links to many Clinton-defending articles.
But the problem here goes way beyond mere hypocrisy. Complaints about Fake News are typically accompanied by calls for “solutions” that involve censorship and suppression, either by the government or tech giants such as Facebook. But until there is a clear definition of “Fake News,” and until it’s recognized that Fake News is being aggressively spread by the very people most loudly complaining about it, the dangers posed by these solutions will be at least as great as the problem itself.
https://theintercept.com/2016/12/09...onalities-spread-to-discredit-wikileaks-docs/

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not saying this isn't true. But I do wonder if weeks later we're going to find out that the person who did this wasn't the "type" person everyone thought? But rather was done by the "type" person the graffiti was supposed to threaten. The story of the black church having something similar sprayed all over it turned out to have been done by a black man who was anti-Trump. Or so that's what has come out recently. Who knows what to believe anymore?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18238672/victor-cruz-speaks-robbery-racist-graffiti-found-home-new-york-giants-teammate-nikita-whitlock

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.