Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

It really bothers me about the hire. Major is the only one who would agree to the buyout and Houston just basically hired the person for wrong reasons instead of looking for the best coach.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH? (Houston will sign Applewhite)

It really bothers me about the hire. Major is the only one who would agree to the buyout and Houston just basically hired the person for wrong reasons instead of looking for the best coach.
"We want a guy that will stay here long term" = "We will get a guy no big school wants to hire"

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

No way to tell one way or the other, but there's zero question CLK has had - across the board - more talent to work with than anyone in the country. And while our offense has changed under his tutelage, we're not exactly destroying teams offensively.

Remove the defensive and ST scores and we're averaging somewhere around 34 ppg this year.
Nuss had AJ, and what qb of CLK's would you take over him. I seriously doubt Nuss scores enough on Auburn to beat them in 14 with Blake sims if he couldn't do it with AJ. CLK is very risk reward while CNS is conservative and methodical but atleast its two competing ideas that prevent us from staying cold in games.

Yeah he annoys the crap out of me at points, but he is a lot better than someone that is always going to be a robot.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I've been saying for the past day or two to not be shocked if Kiffin stays here another year.
Unless LSU has decided they don't want him or USF doesn't bother talking to him, you might be right.

And you also have to hope Nick Saban is cool with it.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Unless LSU has decided they don't want him or USF doesn't bother talking to him, you might be right.

I think the latter of what you said there is the biggest hurdle.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I wonder if the AD will look back on this hire in two years and realized that He didn't handle this one right. All the news that broke out yesterday.. and then all of sudden at the last minute they switched to major? Something isn't right.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I'm thinking if this goes on another week without a decision then LSU might say "the heck with it". LSU is many things, but patient isn't one of them.

With all the LSU talk, I understand some people are tired of Lane's antics, but do you really think CNS would just let Lane walk to LSU and why would someone make a lateral move like that. This is strange.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm thinking if this goes on another week without a decision then LSU might say "the heck with it". LSU is many things, but patient isn't one of them.
Depends on who else comes along. Orgeron can't let a really good OC slip away on the off chance that Kiffin doesn't land a HC gig. Part of the deal with Orgeron was that he hire a top notch OC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Depends on who else comes along. Orgeron can't let a really good OC slip away on the off chance that Kiffin doesn't land a HC gig. Part of the deal with Orgeron was that he hire a top notch OC.
Sark has been rumored to be on their radar

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

With all the LSU talk, I understand some people are tired of Lane's antics, but do you really think CNS would just let Lane walk to LSU and why would someone make a lateral move like that. This is strange.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
yes, But Can CNS tolerate one more year with Kiffin? I don't think so.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This sounds eerily like what happened last year, with the exception that that process wasn't public like this one. Communication between Lane and CNS is very strained at this point. It will be very interesting to see if Saban can tolerate him another year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.