Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Re: Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Reportedly Staying Through CFP)

There's always a chance that Kiffin turned down Orgeron because Coach Saban told him that he needed to go prove that he could (1) be a successful head coach, and (2) that he could straighten his act up.
I believe Kiffin could figure that out, at this point. He doesn't need to prove he can run an offense. He needs to prove he can run a program.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Kiffin's future...

Just a reminder that there are a few posters here who know people within the program - and when they commit to something, there' s good chance you can bank on it...

Attachments

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

winning the NC will do all the talking he needs
Yup, I'm quite pleased where he's at. He's not going to be going head to head with SEC programs for recruits. He just needs to outdo much smaller schools, and I'd have to wager those kids are going to be impressed by someone who was just coaching in the playoff. Seems to me he has more incentive to coach successfully in the playoffs than he does to worry about recruiting anytime soon.

Also, this has been mentioned a few times but it seems Coach O and the LSU coordinator thing did him no favors. It helped dredge up some negatives about him in terms of why he'd be considering a lateral move. It took him from hot shot head coaching candidate, to why is this guy dying to leave Alabama? It didn't come off well for him and I bet he wished that LSU stuff has never come up. Of course it didn't help Coach O either...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

You don't ever want to seem like the desperate one in the hiring process as the candidate. Like it is commonly said: the easiest way to get a job is to have a job. When people are hearing you're out no matter what then you start seeming like the desperate one when the school should be the one trying to win you over. LSU screwed him by letting a hush-hush handshake agreement in the event his HC hunt fell through become a top-of-the-sports-section headline. I have no doubt that is why he likely took a payroll reduction in the process instead of going to Baton Rouge.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Yup, I'm quite pleased where he's at. He's not going to be going head to head with SEC programs for recruits. He just needs to outdo much smaller schools, and I'd have to wager those kids are going to be impressed by someone who was just coaching in the playoff. Seems to me he has more incentive to coach successfully in the playoffs than he does to worry about recruiting anytime soon.

Also, this has been mentioned a few times but it seems Coach O and the LSU coordinator thing did him no favors. It helped dredge up some negatives about him in terms of why he'd be considering a lateral move. It took him from hot shot head coaching candidate, to why is this guy dying to leave Alabama? It didn't come off well for him and I bet he wished that LSU stuff has never come up. Of course it didn't help Coach O either...
Coach O and LSU are meant for each other. Take that however you wish.

Thanks to Coach Kiffin for everything. Good luck going forward. Oh, and run the dang ball! ;)

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

This may have been said but I missed it. Will he stay on through the playoffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He will be here through the playoffs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I thinking it's hilarious that LSU fans were laughing at us for hiring him, but are melting like nacho cheese that he told them he was taking his talents to boca raton and not Baton Rouge

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Just a reminder that there are a few posters here who know people within the program - and when they commit to something, there' s good chance you can bank on it...

I trust tweets about three feets :) If they were indeed true, then Lane Kiffin would be as busy as a beaver, because he'd be coaching in the playoff, while recruiting his first incoming classes at Houston, USF, Florida Atlantic, and Temple.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I trust tweets about three feets :) If they were indeed true, then Lane Kiffin would be as busy as a beaver, because he'd be coaching in the playoff, while recruiting his first incoming classes at Houston, USF, Florida Atlantic, and Temple.
Tweets are just dissemination of information. Just because something's in the newspaper or a formal news outlet doesn't really give any more credence to the information..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What are you even talking about?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

What are you even talking about?
There were tweets and rumors and speculations and "reports, all over the place about Kiffin going to all of those places.
None of them turned out to be accurate or true.
I would hope you'd at least agree with that much.
So now, this guy "Tweets"..."I Am TOLD", that Kiffin would have been fired anyway.
Well I give no credibility at all...to "I am told", and it's ridiculous that this person would pursue it anyway.
Can you imagine Nick Saban saying, "Well Lane took the FAU job, and it's a good thing that he did, cause he was outa here anyway".
What purpose does it serve to be that negative? It's like, "Hurry take a shot at Kiffin, without really knowing anything because, "I was TOLD".
Sorry, I think it's ridiculous, and I think there's a lot of people here who would agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.