Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

Did anyone even bother to read the article I posted... I totally understand why Kiffin does what he does in the game. He explained it, Saban explained it and I don't know what more can be said about this. Running the ball inside the redzone may be hard at times, but it is what it is. His playcalling and the defense got us where we are right now. Now is not the time to complain about what he's doing. We finished the season undefeated and we got two more games to go.
LOL - so you posted a link to an article in which Saban and Kiffin explained it. You expect everyone to just bow down and shut up if they disagree with its implementation? Are you new at this whole internet thing?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Did anyone even bother to read the article I posted... I totally understand why Kiffin does what he does in the game. He explained it, Saban explained it and I don't know what more can be said about this. Running the ball inside the redzone may be hard at times, but it is what it is. His playcalling and the defense got us where we are right now. Now is not the time to complain about what he's doing. We finished the season undefeated and we got two more games to go.

I honestly believe he's not gonna flip some of the recruits... but he could probably get 3 to flips from other SEC Schools and some out west. who knows? he will game plan for the game against Washingotn and he has Sark to help him. Saban got this.
We don't need to read the book, we've seen the movie. We fully understand running plays to set up others later. Every good coach in America does that. Running jet sweeps and the like that gain little when you have 3 backs who would start for 90% of all D1 teams and a line like Alabama has is pure stupidity.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Finebaum has a Houston beat writer on. Guy says he wouldn't be surprised if there's a press conference Thursday or Friday introducing Lane.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I too hope Lane gets the job. I don't want him going to LSU but don't mind him getting a head coaching job outside the SEC. I just hope he doesn't try to take any of our assistants with him!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I proud for Coach Kiffin & thankful he's become part of the Bama Family..Those are words I'd never thought I would be saying 4-5yrs ago, but, everybody deserves a 2nd chance in life & I hope Coach Kiffin does great things from the 2nd chance Coach Saban gave him the opportunity to earn while rebuilding his coaching image on our sidelines..ROLL TIDE ROLL Coach Kiffin!!!!!..

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

We don't need to read the book, we've seen the movie. We fully understand running plays to set up others later. Every good coach in America does that. Running jet sweeps and the like that gain little when you have 3 backs who would start for 90% of all D1 teams and a line like Alabama has is pure stupidity.
I posted in the game thread our running stats late in the first half. Our three backs, not including Jalen had 10 touches and averaged about 8.5 yards per carry.

Seems to me that if you can gash them like that, the defense is already soft enough.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Brando says that a source said that the buyout Houston would want wouldn't be to Kiffin and sexton's liking. But again it's Brando.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I just heard on tv that now Les Miles is the favorite, not Lane, because of a contract issue. They want him there more than a few years, and if he leaves early, they won't him to pay the school. Jimmy Sexton reportedly is not going for that. Now they are saying he is looking at LSU OC again. I sure hope he stays at Bama or gets a head coaching job instead of going to LSU.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I have no idea if anyone's posted it yet so I'll ask. Has anyone posted that this current Alabama football team has rushed for more yards than any Ba
ma team since Saban has arrived at the Capstone?
I'm just wondering.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I watched an interview with Kiffin, by the SEC Network, Saturday night after the game.
The reporter asked him, "Are you interviewing with Houston or considering LSU".
He said, point blank, "None of that's important. The only thing that's important is the next two games".
So, again, I don't think he's gone, and if he is, it's going to be after the playoff.
Personally, and I'll say it again, I don't think he's leaving.
And again, get the crow ready, cause I'll eat it if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.