Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

I get what you are saying and I'm not arguing with that, but If you had read the link, Kiffin explains the offense more in depth
Why do you keep saying to everyone that disagrees with you "if you read the link I posted"?? We've read the dang link. The link doesn't explain why Kiffin ran 3 times inside the 10 after Bo gashed the Florida defense all the way down the field. That was in the 2nd half if I remember correctly, so what exactly was he setting up at that point? That is NOT the only time he's done that either.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

I just want a little lower risk plays to be called. To often on 1st down we take a big loss of 5 or 10+ yards on an ill conceived play or poor execution. This could be mitigated by a simple run between the tackles. This would also help us play in front of the chains instead of behind. It's hard to argue with the end result of what the offense has produced this year but I'm still uneasy about the fact that the base offense is wide/finesse and we sprinkle in some power running. I wish it was the other way around. Every time we've hunkered down and decided to run the ball (aTm, LSU, UF, AU) we've been unstoppable. With the finesse/wide stuff sometimes it works and looks pretty and sometimes we sputter for a quarter and a half with -7 total offensive yardage..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Why do you keep saying to everyone that disagrees with you "if you read the link I posted"?? We've read the dang link. The link doesn't explain why Kiffin ran 3 times inside the 10 after Bo gashed the Florida defense all the way down the field. That was in the 2nd half if I remember correctly, so what exactly was he setting up at that point? That is NOT the only time he's done that either.
1st half.. 2nd half... huge difference...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

With that said I find it hard to take when I see we are 128 out of 128 at scoring a touchdown inside the red zone.:frown:
Not sure where you heard tht since it is not even close. Alabama has converted 61.29% of red zone possessions for TDs this season. That is 65th. Not great, but solidly in the middle of the pack. Considering your schedule, that isn't bad at all.

You have scored 38 TDs and 17 FGs in 62 red zone attempts. But don't forget that you have scored another 29 TDs. You make a ton of big plays that allow you to score without a red zone possession.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I take it all the rumors Kiffin would be fired Saturday were incorrect. Did something change or is it just assumed he'll be transitioning out anyway so there was no point? Sorry if already answered. So much Kiffin talk, so little reading time.
I've been more in the camp that he wouldn't be retained at the end of the year, but I could always seen "encouraged to leave asap" as well. If he still is here at the end of the week then I think he has the last games of the season.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

What rumors are you talking about? And I do agree that he probably will leave after 2 or 3 years... which is reasonable given that Houston isn't part of Power 5 conference.
Him taking that job. A lot of websites are saying he might. But Houston wont ever have much continuity with these coaches that only come in and coach for 2-3 seasons max.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Houston is going to always have trouble keeping their coaches because frankly they probably have the best natural recruiting radius of any G5 team...and they've started winning a bit more often h2h against P5 teams for players. Houston is a P5 type team...probably a better program over the last 20 or so years since the Big-12 happened than a lot of the members of the Big-12.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Not sure where you heard tht since it is not even close.
I'm not sure either.

I must have misread. It's not something I'd make up and was surprised when I saw it, so I may try to find what I saw.

Thanks for the correction.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

I'm not sure either.

I must have misread. It's not something I'd make up and was surprised when I saw it, so I may try to find what I saw.

Thanks for the correction.
Was it a stat for opponents?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Word is Lincoln Riley may have passed Lane as #1 target, in part due to issues involving a buyout clause.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Let's hope Lane gets the job somewhere else if he doesn't get the one at Houston--maybe USF.... NOT LSU !

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

Running jet sweeps and the like that gain little when you have 3 backs who would start for 90% of all D1 teams and a line like Alabama has is pure stupidity.
Or pure genius!! ;) Make the opponent plan for multiple things and if they don't..... burn them! The jet sweeps worked at times too!! ;) If you don't prepare for the jet sweeps you get burnt by them and if you only prepare for jet sweeps you get burned with the running backs. Throw the passing game in there and the QB threat to take off at any moment.....maybe that is what makes one go when the other doesn't? Hell I don't know LOL!!!

Actually Kiffin has been in Tuscaloosa way longer than I expected LOL!! ;)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think Both side needs to move on because the buyout clause is the sticky point. At this point, he has to hope that USF will have open spot if taggart leaves. Otherwise, he would be wise to take a year off.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

I'm reading Les Miles and Lincoln Riley are the two favorites for the UH job so it looks like Kiffin must go elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.