Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

Why do you keep saying to everyone that disagrees with you "if you read the link I posted"?? We've read the dang link. The link doesn't explain why Kiffin ran 3 times inside the 10 after Bo gashed the Florida defense all the way down the field. That was in the 2nd half if I remember correctly, so what exactly was he setting up at that point? That is NOT the only time he's done that either.
What do you mean by "Kiffin ran 3 times inside the 10"? I thought you were arguing for running the ball.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Or pure genius!! ;) Make the opponent plan for multiple things and if they don't..... burn them! The jet sweeps worked at times too!! ;) If you don't prepare for the jet sweeps you get burnt by them and if you only prepare for jet sweeps you get burned with the running backs. Throw the passing game in there and the QB threat to take off at any moment.....maybe that is what makes one go when the other doesn't? Hell I don't know LOL!!!

Actually Kiffin has been in Tuscaloosa way longer than I expected LOL!! ;)
The jet sweep has been really effective in the second half of the season. My wife hates that hand-off up the middle when it gets stuffed but loves it when we break off an 80 yard TD run on the same play. Every play is a bad play when it does not work.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Let's hope Lane gets the job somewhere else if he doesn't get the one at Houston--maybe USF.... NOT LSU !
I don't care where he goes. But if he goes to the corndogs it's a matter of time, and prolly pretty short(see Earles posts), before his transgressions will implode the LSU staff and administration. That combo didn't previously work out and it never will.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I don't care where he goes. But if he goes to the corndogs it's a matter of time, and prolly pretty short(see Earles posts), before his transgressions will implode the LSU staff and administration. That combo didn't previously work out and it never will.
Why not just wait and see how it turns out? Lane's not the enemy. I think he'll prove it.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I think Lane in Baton Rouge is just a bad fit for him personally, whether as head coach, coordinator, or working at the Cracker Barrel. None of my business, though.

When and where he goes, he will go with my thanks for his contributions to the program. We talk a lot about his schemes and play calls, but the man can coach up quarterbacks as well as anyone in the NCAA, maybe in all of football. Maybe I'll come to regret it, but for the most part I'm not upset about his departure. Be nice to stay till the season is over, just for continuity sake.

I've thought he was gone this year ever since Sark came on board.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'd like to see him stay because he's a helluva brilliant offensive mind. But if Earle says he's gone then he's gone.
Let me say that he was "gone" back at the beginning of the year when his contract ran out but then a series of very unexpected events gave him another year. I just don't think anything is impossible. However, in this case, I'd be very, very surprised if he returned. In fact, the whole sports world would at this point. After last season, Sexton was probing all sort of other alternatives for him. The difference this year is it's all out in the public and Nick is talking about it openly...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Let me say that he was "gone" back at the beginning of the year when his contract ran out but then a series of very unexpected events gave him another year. I just don't think anything is impossible. However, in this case, I'd be very, very surprised if he returned. In fact, the whole sports world would at this point. After last season, Sexton was probing all sort of other alternatives for him. The difference this year is it's all out in the public and Nick is talking about it openly...
It's been everywhere on internet, so I don't know how people can still miss that. Now, I do wonder if Saban will take him back to avoid him going to LSU?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Nothing on the inside but I think the only way Kiffin doesn't take the Houston job is if their contract demands are too onerous for his liking...and they'll likely regret that decision when they end up with Les Miles happy to be employed somewhere to finish out his career.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

They've lived in LA since he was fired from USC, did she move recently? She filed the divorce papers earlier this year in LA.
I read somewhere, can't remember where, she had moved to Florida to be closer to her parents. Her father is former Florida QB John Reaves from the late 60's early 70's.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Everything that is being written makes a lot of sense. But nothing gives me a reason to think he's leaving.
Orgeron wants him as O.C and publicly announces it.. O.K., DUH so do 120 other programs.
But Kiffin's not going to work for a former assistant. His ego is way bigger than that. Especially at L.S,U.? Come on.
Houston is interested in him, and he'd be crazy not to at least listen, but does he really and truly want to go from the Oakland Raiders, to UT, to USC, to Bama, to Houston? No.
I may be completely in the dark, off base, and have no idea, but something in my heart just tells me that it's not time for him to leave. The conditions just aren't right and neither are the opportunities.
Plus, he has kids depending on him to help them win a national title. I think that means something to Lane.
In three years under Coach Saban, I can't help but think he's at least learned the meaning of loyalty and commitment.
At least as far as football is concerned.
Again, I have no inside info, but I still think he'll be our next head coach.
We shall see, and that's pretty much all we can do.
Regardless, we're Bama, and we'll be o.k.....
sip

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Everything that is being written makes a lot of sense. But nothing gives me a reason to think he's leaving.
Orgeron wants him as O.C and publicly announces it.. O.K., DUH so do 120 other programs.
But Kiffin's not going to work for a former assistant. His ego is way bigger than that. Especially at L.S,U.? Come on.
Houston is interested in him, and he'd be crazy not to at least listen, but does he really and truly want to go from the Oakland Raiders, to UT, to USC, to Bama, to Houston? No.
I may be completely in the dark, off base, and have no idea, but something in my heart just tells me that it's not time for him to leave. The conditions just aren't right and neither are the opportunities.
Plus, he has kids depending on him to help them win a national title. I think that means something to Lane.
In three years under Coach Saban, I can't help but think he's at least learned the meaning of loyalty and commitment.
sip
NO........Kiffin is not going to be the next coach at Alabama... Can we just go ahead and kill that noise?

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007

Well, from Earl's perspective, he's been "gone" after this year for a couple of years....so, heck, I don't know. I do know we'll be ok! RTR!

sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Well, from Earl's perspective, he's been "gone" after this year for a couple of years....so, heck, I don't know. I do know we'll be ok! RTR!
Earle knows way way way more about it than I do, not even close. I'm just offering my opinion, and we all know the old analogy about opinions :) Everybody kinda has one.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

If Kiffin stays (and that sounds like an enormous IF at this point) then what about Sark? Does he remain in his same position for another year? Saban didn't bring him in simply to be an offensive analyst from afar. There was a greater purpose than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.