Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

Winning cures everything. But as I recall, Petrino's motorcycle ride has been a one-time event (though the Auburn and Falcon events show that he's a professional sleaze). Leach was hurt by largely trumped up allegations.

Kiffin's behavior, going back to his hiring by the Raiders, has been publicly erratic for more a decade.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Winning cures everything. But as I recall, Petrino's motorcycle ride has been a one-time event (though the Auburn and Falcon events show that he's a professional sleaze). Leach was hurt by largely trumped up allegations.

Kiffin's behavior, going back to his hiring by the Raiders, has been publicly erratic for more a decade.
Yeah but it wasn't because he had her on his bike it was because the out of marriage relationship also included a staff position with it. Arkansas probably suspends him if it was just an affair, but it was clearly something more than just the girl with the volleyball shorts. Arkansas is still probably paying people off to avoid court over it.

As for leach, maybe they trumped up, but they are still bad.

FWIW CLK looks like a genius if you see some of the things he fought with Al Davis over. Namely that Jamarcus Russell would be the biggest mistake ever when the whole nation said otherwise

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I'm trying to square Saban being done with Kiffin over unacceptable behavior and at the same time being a reference for Kiffin's pitch to be a head coach.

Maybe it's like selling a used car...you talk up it's best features and try to downplay any negatives, hoping somebody will take it off your hands.
It's almost like Saban being just nice enough that Kiffin doesn't do anything else before Alabama finishes the title run. After that...

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I agree that Kiffin has been erratic and I suspect there is plenty of stuff that the general public doesn't know about. Fine. It isn't really my business. But having significant disagreements with Al Davis about how to run the Raiders football team would be a point in Kiffin's favor, as far as I'm concerned.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Wow! With his BIL being on staff at USF, I'm frankly surprised he's made it this far...

Maybe Kiffin can still get the job and just hire his own staff at USF? Don't new coaches do that for the most part anyway? Not many jobs left now if he doesn't get this one.... either stay at Bama or get a Head Coaching job.... anything except the lateral move to LSU!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

As long he isn't at Alabama after the playoffs I don't care where he winds up. I really believe he belongs in the NFL where his behavior is acceptable and nobody really cares.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Kiffin staying at this point beyond the playoff is a no go. Very problematic. I wonder if most of Saban's endurance of the matter one more year one more chance may somehow be tied to his respect for Monte Kiffin and he burned his chance?

If Lincoln Riley's character review put him out of contention for the UH job then I can only imagine how they feel about CLK...

It has looks as though new programs are becoming quickly aware of his transgressions. It may now even be problematic for CEO to hire him at LSU...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

ESPN suggests an announcement will come by the weekend by Houston. But they left off miles name

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0598256656073101564-4

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Of course,the BIL may be on his way to Oregon...
All this is true. However, I feel that the BIL would know enough dirt on CLK to sink him, if he wanted. However, the situation between Lane and Kayla is so blurry, she may have had the BIL hold off. We'll never know...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Here's the full text:

As the Houston Chronicle first reported, Oklahoma offense coordinator Lincoln Riley is no longer in the running for the Houston head coaching job, according to a source. Houston's search is now focused on the two in-house candidates, defensive coordinator and interim head coach Todd Orlando and offensive coordinator Major Applewhite, as well as Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin. The Cougars could have a coach named by the end of the week.

Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff Writer
Interesting that they're also looking internally now than just outright offering the job to Kiffin. I get the feeling that Kiffin may have been offered first and he did not like some of the language in their offer.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

As long he isn't at Alabama after the playoffs I don't care where he winds up. I really believe he belongs in the NFL where his behavior is acceptable and nobody really cares.
His behavior won't fly in the NFL either. If he were one of the players OTOH...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I've seen that South Florida was interested in him too. I think SB Nation reported last weekend or early this week that they were very interested in Kiffin "IF" Taggart left, and well he left for Oregon today. So I'd imagine he has a good chance down there too. If Houston thinks someone like Applewhite wouldn't leave them then they are crazy. If they wanted stability then they should have hired Les Miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.