Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

Saban just now at the CFP coaches press conference: I think he'll want to finish the season with us but I can't speak on it that much.
He won't take anymore hypothetical questions about Kiffin. He almost went from Bruce Banner to Hulk after that question.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Saban just now at the CFP coaches press conference: I think he'll want to finish the season with us but I can't speak on it that much.
Regardless of what happens I hope that's true. Jalen, I think, needs him to be there in order to play his best.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

Well, the decision was supposed to be made today at UH and no announcement. Tampa may be the next on the agenda for CLK.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

I wouldn't read too much on an announcement not being made...they may very well still be meeting at this point

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

There's being a preacher at a church and then there's behavior which endanger the whole church structure. That's where it reached with Kiffin...

Hmmm..............almost sounds like you are describing the ex-husband of some gal that I might presently be married to...............

Translation: I get it, boy, do I get it. I heard all of the stories. And that was just the ones that everyone came to know about.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I know we have rules to prevent the discussion on the issue, so many won't post what they know. That being said, I'm surprised at how many were unaware of the stories from last season. I understand many enjoy TF, and I appreciate that. But some would benefit from visiting other sites and not relying solely on getting their sports information from here. Not because we aren't reliable or good enough. But because we don't discuss every single happening in college football.

Well, back when I had a real job................

I was always the last person that heard about stuff like this, at the office. Usually 2-3 months later.

"WHAT? How can you not know about it? Didn't you see her car all smashed up? That is when Ray took the baseball bat to it. No wonder you got booted out of the Army. You must really be blind. Or stupid." (True words, of the guy who was my boss, during one of those...............uh............incidents.)

Some of us just aren't interested. It isn't that we are naive; we just are not interested.

I suspect there are others who try to ignore this sort of clutter.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

"WHAT? How can you not know about it? ...
Some of us just aren't interested. It isn't that we are naive; we just are not interested.

I'm with you. I've had co-workers asked me incredulously "How could you not know that ___ and ___ were a number? Everybody knew that."
Just not interested in who is a number. If it doesn't involve me, it doesn't involve me.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Well, back when I had a real job................

I was always the last person that heard about stuff like this, at the office. Usually 2-3 months later.

"WHAT? How can you not know about it? Didn't you see her car all smashed up? That is when Ray took the baseball bat to it. No wonder you got booted out of the Army. You must really be blind. Or stupid." (True words, of the guy who was my boss, during one of those...............uh............incidents.)

I suspect there are others who try to ignore this sort of clutter.
Allen High School vs The Woodlands High School. Who's going to win this game on Saturday cuda?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Don't know. First year coach, and he has done some things that leave some folks still wondering.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm with you. I've had co-workers asked me incredulously "How could you not know that ___ and ___ were a number? Everybody knew that."
Just not interested in who is a number. If it doesn't involve me, it doesn't involve me.
That reaches to a point with employment. However, I feel that everything which may damage Alabama's football progress involves my feelings to the point that I can't ignore it...

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

He'll end up at Houston, but I'm not scared if he takes the oc job at LSU.....Saban will know his tendencies, so unless kiff further innovates, it will be like reading an open book when we play them.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

That reaches to a point with employment. However, I feel that everything which may damage Alabama's football progress involves my feelings to the point that I can't ignore it...
I appreciate those looking out for the program. If I was still living in Tuscaloosa, I doubt I would be aware of what CLK was doing.
If someone were to ask me who in my current organization is involved with whom, I couldn't tell. I honestly would not have a clue.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He'll end up at Houston, but I'm not scared if he takes the oc job at LSU.....Saban will know his tendencies, so unless kiff further innovates, it will be like reading an open book when we play them.
Yah, I honestly don't care where he ends up.

He's a great QB developer, no question, but our PPG average hasn't exactly skyrocketed under CLK:
2008: 30.1 ppg
2009: 32.1 ppg
2010: 35.7 ppg
2011: 34.8 ppg
2012: 38.7 ppg
2013: 38.2 ppg
2014: 36.9 ppg
2015: 35.1 ppg
2016: 39.4 ppg

And in 2015 and 2016 we've had a surprising number of points from NOTs...

So again, CLK can go wherever he wants - I don't fear facing him. He's a great QB developer but not the offensive genius some make him out to be.

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL

So again, CLK can go wherever he wants - I don't fear facing him. He's a great QB developer but not the offensive genius some make him out to be.
Sometimes I think one of his major limitations is that he tries to prove he's some kind of genius on the field. He out thinks himself.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Sometimes I think one of his major limitations is that he tries to prove he's some kind of genius on the field. He out thinks himself.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He has the Petrino syndrome. He wants to run his offense regardless. The offensive balance we've had is because CNS grabs the reigns and firmly plants the spurs when he sees the horse is about run off the cliff. Otherwise he'd display the same tendencies that got him dismissed from USCe.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Houston AD tweeting they have made a choice. No report as to who it is, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.