Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Any word on Kiffin's interview with UH?

Not sure who Alabama will hire to replace Kiffin, but Sark is a better OC than any of the other names thrown around in this thread. He is as good as Kiffin, IMO.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Not sure who Alabama will hire to replace Kiffin, but Sark is a better OC than any of the other names thrown around in this thread. He is as good as Kiffin, IMO.
Well, Im not going to link an article that's floating around, but there may be circumstances preventing Sark from having that much responsibility at UA.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I tend to think that we look outside the staff for an OC. We've done it every other time and I don't think this time will be any different. It is an interesting circumstance though because Saban may have to get outside his rolodex to find someone who fits what we're doing now.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

So if we are curious we can google "article floating around" and get the scoop?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Well, Im not going to link an article that's floating around, but there may be circumstances preventing Sark from having that much responsibility at UA.
Thanks - I recognize that making him your OC would come with Kiffin like challenges. Not sure if Saban wants to sign up for that again. But for the fans - it is a lot easier to win when you offense is as dangerous as your defense.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

That is why I reckon we go outside of the staff to find a guy who has a background in the kind of offense we're running right now...younger, less visible type of OC but not a huge paradigm shift in what we do.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

That is why I reckon we go outside of the staff to find a guy who has a background in the kind of offense we're running right now...younger, less visible type of OC but not a huge paradigm shift in what we do.
Frankly, I like what we do now better than anything else we've ever done. (With the obvious caveat that we ought to feature the power running game a little more often). But the overall philosophy, driven by a QB that can pressure the defense from all angles running and throwing, I love. I love it that we can run HUNH when we so desire, and we can slow it down and bleed clock. We are the epitome of "multiple offense."

N AL Tider

1st Team
Jun 18, 2007
Sweet Home AL

Like Major Applewhite? Do you think he was over his head his first time around and now that he has gotten more experience he could come back and do a better job.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Like Major Applewhite? Do you think he was over his head his first time around and now that he has gotten more experience he could come back and do a better job.
He has that sex charge hanging over his head. Frying pan into fire...

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland

Frankly, I like what we do now better than anything else we've ever done. (With the obvious caveat that we ought to feature the power running game a little more often). But the overall philosophy, driven by a QB that can pressure the defense from all angles running and throwing, I love. I love it that we can run HUNH when we so desire, and we can slow it down and bleed clock. We are the epitome of "multiple offense."
I think we see a greater percentage of power running against the Huskies and again if we make the CFCG.

I honestly believe we've been throwing the ball more often since the LSU game simply to give JH more experience in a live game enviroment - knowing we could win those games comfortably enough. Now that we've reached the business end, we'll revert to type and establish run dominance first before attempting to open things up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I hear you but honestly, what was the reason for bringing Sark along in the first place outside of Kiffin doing a favor for his buddy?
There are reports LSU is going to give him the same offer as they were Kiffin is what most are hinting at. There is serious doubt we would match that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Honestly, it is more believable that Sark takes the hit to his ego that becoming the assistant to a former assistant would entail. Only Kevin Wilson is more unlikely to ever be a head coach again than Sark...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

He has that sex charge hanging over his head. Frying pan into fire...
Yeah, Houston would be better off with Art Briles than Applewhite. In fact he may be the best they can get that would agree to a huge buyout. He would not be going anywhere else for several years. If ever.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban just now at the CFP coaches press conference: I think he'll want to finish the season with us but I can't speak on it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.