Hello Bama Fans. Let me tell you about Washington

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Dub, I still laugh when thinking about how Oregon thought they were going to run up and down the field against you guys. AU's defense was middle of the pack in the SEC and stood up to them all night long.
Statistically the worst defense that ever won a title, I believe. Had some playmakers though. Nick Fairley partied hard in their backfield in that game.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Our best match-up is our WR corp against your defensive backfield. I don't want to say you guys have a "weakness" because you don't IMHO. But it seems like your defensive backfield is the "least stellar" lol. Curious how Ole Miss and Kelly was able to score so much on you guys. You guys will need to roll safeties to Ross or he'll have a big day if Browning gets time (a big question mark).
Our secondary is talented but beat up. We lost Eddie Jackson who was an All-American safety and special teams player. Marlon Humphrey is expected to be the first CB taken in the draft and he did not play in the SEC championship game due to a strained hammy. Minkah Fitzpatrick is another DB who has played a variety of positions due to our injury woes, but who will likely be a first round DB taken next year when he is draft eligible. That said, with those two injuries to 2 All-Americans and a pre-season defection of a safety to Georgia, we are very thin there. We are hoping that Humphrey will be able to return in time to take on UW.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Alabama's secondary is going to shock you in this game. They may be thin, but they are all very, very good. I think that their best CB gets no credit - Averett. But you will have some success in the passing game.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Dub, I still laugh when thinking about how Oregon thought they were going to run up and down the field against you guys. AU's defense was middle of the pack in the SEC and stood up to them all night long.

Here you go.....sounds like you lost your mind.... ;)

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Welcome HL, I will admit for selfish reasons I wanted PSU to be ranked above UDub. Living in Philly, I would have loved for Bama to put these Lion's fan back in their place. That said, I think the committee go it right and I'm glad we have the opportunity to play each other. I know I watch our games with Crimson color glasses, but even so, our defense's speed is short of amazing and they don't over pursue the play. Like you said, our secondary is the "least stellar" but rarely does a team have time to test our secondary. IMO our DL will disrupt Browning's timing and force him to make mistakes which can lead to NOT's. You can bet we come prepared, you best do the same. As far as running against us, Forgetaboutit.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Great post, and welcome.

To me the key is whenever Kiffen chooses (or is forced) to quit the West Coast junk and run the ball at U-Dub. Can they stop it? I don't want to be overly optimistic but I think not at all.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
If you have as many NFL players, plus a WR better than Deshaun Jackson, as you listed, this game will be a 60 minute game

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
I should also mention that we travel very well. We're easily the best travel fans in the Pac-12. USC, UCLA and Oregon are fair weather fans for the most part. We travel well even when we suck ha ha. When I went to the LSU game in BR the LSU fans said we travelled better than most SEC teams (LSU fans were pretty cool as well, at least to us). We'll have half the stadium full.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I should also mention that we travel very well. We're easily the best travel fans in the Pac-12. USC, UCLA and Oregon are fair weather fans for the most part. We travel well even when we suck ha ha. When I went to the LSU game in BR the LSU fans said we travelled better than most SEC teams (LSU fans were pretty cool as well, at least to us). We'll have half the stadium full.
Serious question then, where was everyone Friday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Serious question then, where was everyone Friday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For whatever reason the PAc-12 championship game is always lightly attended (Been like that since launch). Also, many Husky fans correctly predicted that we'd destroy Colorado and meet Bama in Atl, so people viewed the game as an extra cost and started planning for the ATL trip (like me).

I've been to Michigan, Notre Dame, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rose Bowls, etc. and we always roll deep. You guys will outnumber us there because of the location, but we'll represent.

And we're not a-holes like Duck fans. They have the worst fans of all-time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you have as many NFL players, plus a WR better than Deshaun Jackson, as you listed, this game will be a 60 minute game
I have looked at 4 different mock drafts - they have Washington with 6 players going in the 2017 draft. Ross, WR, and Jones, CB, are almost certain to go in round #1, Qualls, DT, and Baker, S, should go in late 2 or early 3. King, CB, and Daniels, TE, are late rounders (6 or 7).

So, realistically they have 4 players going in the first 3 rounds. That is very good.

Alabama has a minimum of 9 players who will be drafted, with as many as 6 going in the 1st round - 4 are a lock and 2 depend on NFL team needs.

Now, 6 vs 9 in a single draft doesn't sound all that bad, but having 6 players good enough to go in the first round is shockingly good.

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
I have looked at 4 different mock drafts - they have Washington with 6 players going in the 2017 draft. Ross, WR, and Jones, CB, are almost certain to go in round #1, Qualls, DT, and Baker, S, should go in late 2 or early 3. King, CB, and Daniels, TE, are late rounders (6 or 7).

So, realistically they have 4 players going in the first 3 rounds. That is very good.

Alabama has a minimum of 9 players who will be drafted, with as many as 6 going in the 1st round - 4 are a lock and 2 depend on NFL team needs.

Now, 6 vs 9 in a single draft doesn't sound all that bad, but having 6 players good enough to go in the first round is shockingly good.
On our forum we track player rankings. This is a little dated (around the time we played Oregon State). Ross, Jones, Qualls and Vita are ranked lower than they should be. Browning is ranked higher than he should be (I love Jake, but he isn't a NFL QB IMHO). Vita, Qualls and King are going first three rounds (Vita hasn't declared). From CBS Sportsline Draft site:

QB - Jake Browning, #4 QB for 2019
RB - Myles Gaskin, #3 RB for 2019 down 1 spot to #4 RB for 2019
WR - John Ross, #4 WR for 2018 up 2 spots to #2 WR for 2018
WR - Dante Pettis, #27 WR for 2018 up 4 spots to #23 WR for 2018
WR - Chico McClatcher, #24 WR for 2019 up 1 spot to #23 WR for 2019
C - Coleman Shelton, #16 C for 2018 up 7 spots to #9 C for 2018
TE - Darrell Daniels, #13 TE for 2017
TE - Drew Sample, #14 TE for 2019
CB - Sidney Jones, #5 CB for 2017 / #2 for 2018 up 2 spots to #3 CB for 2017
CB - Kevin King, #18 CB for 2017 up 3 spot to #15 CB in 2017
CB - Jordan Miller, #35 CB for 2019 / previously unranked
DE - Joe Maths, #21 DE for 2017 up 5 spots to #16 DE for 2017
MLB - Azeem Victor, #4 MLB for 2017 and #3 MLB for 2018 down 1 spot to #4 MLB for 2018
MLB - Keishawn Bierria, #23 MLB for 2018 / previously unranked
MLB - Ben Burr-Kirven, #39 MLB for 2019 / previously unranked
OLB - Tevis Bartlett, #18 OLB for 2019 / previously unranked
OLB - Connor O'Brien, #42 OLB for 2018 / previously unranked
OLB - Psalm Wooching, #26 OLB for 2017 up 7 spots to #19 OLB for 2017
LS - Luke Hutchison, #6 LS for 2017 and 2018
K - Cameron Van Winkle, #7 K for 2017
P - Tristan Vizcaino, #18 P for 2018 down 1 spot to #19 P for 2018
DT - Elijah Qualls, #6 DT for 2017 / #3 DT for 2018
DT - Greg Gaines, #16 DT for 2019 up 9 spots to #7 DT for 2019
DT - Vita Vea, #3 DT in 2017 / #2 DT for 2019
OG - Jake Eldrenkamp, #32 OG for 2017 / previously unranked
OT - Trey Adams, #7 OT for 2019
OT - Kaleb McGary #21 OT for 2019 down 1 spot to #22 for 2019
FS - Budda Baker, #1 FS for 2017 and 2018 down 1 spot to #2 FS for 2018
SS - JoJo McIntosh, #11 SS for 2019 up 1 spot to #10 SS for 2019

Also check out this (you guys have a ton of guys on here, but we have 3 - Ross, Jones and Vita). http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-weekend?campaign=tw-cf-sf44690326-sf44690326

Our DB and DL are legit. The LBs are so so with Azeem and MAthis out due to injury.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
For whatever reason the PAc-12 championship game is always lightly attended (Been like that since launch). Also, many Husky fans correctly predicted that we'd destroy Colorado and meet Bama in Atl, so people viewed the game as an extra cost and started planning for the ATL trip (like me).

I've been to Michigan, Notre Dame, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rose Bowls, etc. and we always roll deep. You guys will outnumber us there because of the location, but we'll represent.

And we're not a-holes like Duck fans. They have the worst fans of all-time.

Duck fans seem to think football started in 2000 and believe they have a storied history. Our resident duck fan disappeared and I too was a member of the disliked post. You could even point out his team lost without being disliked.

Looking forward to the match-up. Wish I could attend in person. Welcome to the board, hope you stick around awhile.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Ya'll need to come to Seattle so you can see this:

Got to say I love the Pacific Northwest. Had an amazing trip from Northern Cali through to Vancouver, BC. Perhaps my favorite part of the country as far as mountains and the beauty of the scenery. For the best college football, however, there's no place like Tuscaloosa.

The last few weeks we have had a couple of losses (Eddie Jackson and Hamilton). Marlon Humphrey was a no go in the SEC Championship game. While Jackson and Hamilton will be no-go's for 12/31, Humphrey will be fine. The guys are getting a break except for conditioning while they take their exams. This gives the young lads more attention which will bear fruit next season. I'm sure your puppies in Washington have various bumps and bruises from the past season and are enjoying the time (except for exams, of course) to get 100% again.

I just hope we have a great game on the 31st with the Tide rolling, of course.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
On our forum we track player rankings. This is a little dated (around the time we played Oregon State). Ross, Jones, Qualls and Vita are ranked lower than they should be. Browning is ranked higher than he should be (I love Jake, but he isn't a NFL QB IMHO). Vita, Qualls and King are going first three rounds (Vita hasn't declared). From CBS Sportsline Draft site:
Thanks - Your defense is about to get wrecked in this draft. It doesn't look like you have a lot of quality depth. But your starters are solid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.