Hello Bama Fans. Let me tell you about Washington

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Thanks - Your defense is about to get wrecked in this draft. It doesn't look like you have a lot of quality depth. But your starters are solid.
Yea, depth is an issue because Sark should have been recruiting 5 stars instead of hitting on coeds and drinking Tequilla shots here in Seattle he he. Hope is is doing well for you guys, but man, that dude would PARTY here in Seattle. IF you ever run into him, ask him about Joeys (local resturaunt where he was always spotted). Joking aside, hope his recovery is going well. HE was living HARD when he was coaching here.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Yea, depth is an issue because Sark should have been recruiting 5 stars instead of hitting on coeds and drinking Tequilla shots here in Seattle he he. Hope is is doing well for you guys, but man, that dude would PARTY here in Seattle. IF you ever run into him, ask him about Joeys (local resturaunt where he was always spotted). Joking aside, hope his recovery is going well. HE was living HARD when he was coaching here.
So what you are saying is that is that he won't be much help in providing any insight about your team because he has no memory of his time in Seattle?

(BTW, blue font is used for sarcasm here on TF)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yea, depth is an issue
I think that this is where most believe that Alabama wins this game. Alabama wears teams out. Players who are great in the first few quarters are barely able to stand later in the game. Then Alabama scores at will and eats up the clock.

buzzman

3rd Team
Jan 18, 2014
Madison, AL
Welcome huskylawyer

I think most of us appreciate great discussion on teams and between our fan bases. I think it will be a good game. Before we played ND for the championship I watched the Stanford vs ND game and knew we would blow them out. I think you guys have the potential to make it interesting. To beat us you need to throw the ball. Those are the only teams that seem to do well. Should be a fun game.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
So what you are saying is that is that he won't be much help in providing any insight about your team because he has no memory of his time in Seattle?

(BTW, blue font is used for sarcasm here on TF)
huskylawyer, Also mentioning your post count normally gets an Auburn avatar but you got away with it with your original post...this time.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Late to this thread but....

Welcome to the board! I am interested in learning more about your Washington team. I have always respected your coach, he is a good one!

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I just don't see Washington coming close to stopping Harris/Jacobs and then Scarbrough in the 2nd half.
Maybe Kiffin will let them carry the ball in the 1st half.

There used to be a joke that went something like... who can keep Michael Jordan below 20 points? Answer was Dean Smith.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Great post Husky and welcome! With all due respect, I don't think you guys present anything different or extraordinary talent-wise than what we prepare and play against week in and week out. The one major concern I have playing Washington is your coach and how well he will have the team prepared and the discipline in execution from all three units. It will be a challenge and I look forward to the game.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Welcome HL.
First off congrats so far on a great season, that often follows having a very good Coach for a few years. As with all great teams we play, I hope for a good reffed game and one that is injury free for both sides.
I know that y'all have experienced a few injuries to a couple key players as we have. Most notably Safety Eddie Jackson and Sean Dion Hamilton. We are really thin trying to shuffle players around, if it were earlier in the year we probably would have been able to develop talent to make up for these losses but it is what it is. We were able at one time in the season to really get after a QB but we have never had to face the type of talent your team will be bringing to Atlanta. We will bring a mostly young Offense in Hurts and Jacobs and a somewhat banged up Scarbrough but we are sufficient with our 'O' line, however I don't see us hanging with your high powered defense. Hopefully we can still be hanging around by the 4th qtr. Good luck and hopefully y'all can sing Rammer Jammer with us after the game.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
It seems to me when Browning gets a lot of pressure or knows that pressure will be there most of the game that hes a very below average QB and hes not as mobile as some of the QB's Bama has faced over this season. Bama historically eats pocket passers alive, ask Conner Cook, and hes an NFL QB. Its the Watson's and Manziel's of the world that give us fits. You need a elite dual threat QB to stay in the game against us for four quarters. I think this game will be close for two and a half or so quarters, but Alabama is like an Anaconda and we slowly squeeze the life out of teams. In the end, I think the final score will be something like 37-17 - Give or take a few points on each side.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I just don't see Washington coming close to stopping Harris/Jacobs and then Scarbrough in the 2nd half.
^^^^ This.
I really do want to enjoy discussing all facets of this game, both to fill the next 24 days and so I enjoy seeing it play out. However, I think you could summarize it thusly:
Q: Can UW stop Bama from running (sometimes 4, often 9-15, sometimes 20-40 yards per play)?
A: No

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
UDUB forums seem to be underestimating our offense and don't seem worried about our O. Thing is, they haven't seen an offence with 3 RB's like we have that could start on tons of teams right now, including theirs. Ridley and Stewart would start on most teams too and then there is OJ Howard and the man-child, Jalen Hurts.

Our offense is riddled with 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Our Left Tackle will be one of the first players off the board in round 1.

Have fun with that UDUB.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
UDUB forums seem to be underestimating our offense and don't seem worried about our O. Thing is, they haven't seen an offence with 3 RB's like we have that could start on tons of teams right now, including theirs. Ridley and Stewart would start on most teams too and then there is OJ Howard and the man-child, Jalen Hurts.

Our offense is riddled with 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Our Left Tackle will be one of the first players off the board in round 1.

Have fun with that UDUB.
Fans are fans. It doesn't bother me to hear or read that folks out West simply don't understand what they will face in Alabama. Heck, you guys don't have much respect for the B1G. Fans are fans. Won't change anything on the field.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I heard Chris Petersen was holding a "We want Bama" sign. ;)

Nah seriously I'm looking forward to it. I am kind of envious though. Good friend of mine graduated from Alabama; his partner graduated from UW. He got an email from UW Sunday night to purchase tickets. He clicked on a link supposedly and a few minutes later he had his tickets to the game face value from UW. Things don't quite work that way when requesting tickets from Alabama. Just a different story. So yes, the place will be predominantly Alabama. How many do you think will travel for UW? 15,000?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
That to me sounds like you should be getting tix @ FV, no? :)

Nah seriously I'm looking forward to it. I am kind of envious though. Good friend of mine graduated from Alabama; his partner graduated from UW. He got an email from UW Sunday night to purchase tickets. He clicked on a link supposedly and a few minutes later he had his tickets to the game face value from UW. Things don't quite work that way when requesting tickets from Alabama. Just a different story. So yes, the place will be predominantly Alabama. How many do you think will travel for UW? 15,000?

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle

I picked up two face value tickets yesterday, but I'm part of the Tyee Club (season ticket holders who donate additional money, i.e., boosters) so not sure if that is available to other season ticket holders. We were all hoping for Glendale, as that is a quick and cheap flight. Though we'll lose fans because we have to travel all the way down to ATL for this game, we'll represent well. I've gone to a ton of away games (including UW at LSU), and we always hear, "you folks brought a lot of people." I think you'll be surprised. We pretty much knew LSU was gonna kick our arses, but we still went down there (but NO is a better draw than ATL to most Husky fans).

We'll bring at least 15K, and I wouldn't even be surprised if we brought 30K. But the distance is pretty crazy and flights non-stop to ATL from SEA are $1K+, so that will weed out the younger crowd....

I've been travelling to UW away and bowl games since 1991. I've yet to attend a game where our area wasn't packed with Husky fans (but I don't go to pac-12 championship game; saved my money for this game as most Husky fans knew we'd kill Colorado, which we did).

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I picked up two face value tickets yesterday, but I'm part of the Tyee Club (season ticket holders who donate additional money, i.e., boosters) so not sure if that is available to other season ticket holders. We were all hoping for Glendale, as that is a quick and cheap flight. Though we'll lose fans because we have to travel all the way down to ATL for this game, we'll represent well. I've gone to a ton of away games (including UW at LSU), and we always hear, "you folks brought a lot of people." I think you'll be surprised. We pretty much knew LSU was gonna kick our arses, but we still went down there (but NO is a better draw than ATL to most Husky fans).

We'll bring at least 15K, and I wouldn't even be surprised if we brought 30K. But the distance is pretty crazy and flights non-stop to ATL from SEA are $1K+, so that will weed out the younger crowd....

I've been travelling to UW away and bowl games since 1991. I've yet to attend a game where our area wasn't packed with Husky fans (but I don't go to pac-12 championship game; saved my money for this game as most Husky fans knew we'd kill Colorado, which we did).
I hate that our 2018 match-up won't be a home and home. You coming to the ATL for that one? Two hour drive for me.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
UDUB forums seem to be underestimating our offense and don't seem worried about our O. Thing is, they haven't seen an offence with 3 RB's like we have that could start on ANY TEAM right now, including theirs. Ridley and Stewart would start on ALL teams too and then there is OJ Howard and the man-child, Jalen Hurts.

FIFY :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.