Hello Bama Fans. Let me tell you about Washington

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Yea, depth is an issue because Sark should have been recruiting 5 stars instead of hitting on coeds and drinking Tequilla shots here in Seattle he he. Hope is is doing well for you guys, but man, that dude would PARTY here in Seattle. IF you ever run into him, ask him about Joeys (local resturaunt where he was always spotted). Joking aside, hope his recovery is going well. HE was living HARD when he was coaching here.
Great thread overall, very welcome here.

We've had a bit of an inside joke around here over stories about our current OC. What a surprise for a guy living on the opposite side of the country now coming here and telling stories about our presumed next OC hitting on coeds and hanging out at Joeys. :eek:

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. :biggrin:

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
Great thread overall, very welcome here.

We've had a bit of an inside joke around here over stories about our current OC. What a surprise for a guy living on the opposite side of the country now coming here and telling stories about our presumed next OC hitting on coeds and hanging out at Joeys. :eek:

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. :biggrin:
Ha!

You could have been in a weather station in Alaska and still hear about his partying exploits in Seattle. He didn't really hide it and it was a frequent topic on Husky forums. He even had his own party boat.

Boggles my mind that most UDUB fans knew about it, but Haden at USC didn't.

But again, I hope he turn it around. Don't wish alcoholism on anyone.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Ha!

You could have been in a weather station in Alaska and still hear about his partying exploits in Seattle. He didn't really hide it and it was a frequent topic on Husky forums.

Boggles my mind that most UDUB fans knew about it, but Haden at USC didn't.

But again, I hope he turn it around. Don't wish alcoholism on anyone.
Heck, a while back, we hired Mike Price, a legendary partier, then acted surprised when he continued to party as Bama's head coach. He didn't make it through the off-season.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We'll bring at least 15K, and I wouldn't even be surprised if we brought 30K. But the distance is pretty crazy and flights non-stop to ATL from SEA are $1K+, so that will weed out the younger crowd....
Since the Georgia Dome holds a little over 72,000, you better bring more than 15,000 fans.

Victoria husky

Suspended
Dec 5, 2016
No offence but despite less than impressive results as a conference it's clear to UW fans that football fans in the southeast have blinders on, have a regional napoleon complex and won't accept the reality that the best college ball is played outside the Deep South . Hanging the conferences collective hat on Alabama is shortsighted and ignores a bunch of weak offensive efforts : (see LSU, Chattanooga, western Kentucky.....) and porous defensive displays :(see Arkansas, Ole Miss.....). No one appreciates sheer hubris so, maybe take a step back understand that despite some success recently, sports like life are cyclical and this is as good as time as any to nock you off your perch. You have a de facto home field advantage but when you experience the diverse, multidimensional UW offence I'm gusseing You'll be putting down the "Bama koolaid" and offering up a full array of colourful excuses for getting punched in the mouth by your northern opponents.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
No offence but despite less than impressive results as a conference it's clear to UW fans that football fans in the southeast have blinders on, have a regional napoleon complex and won't accept the reality that the best college ball is played outside the Deep South . Hanging the conferences collective hat on Alabama is shortsighted and ignores a bunch of weak offensive efforts : (see LSU, Chattanooga, western Kentucky.....) and porous defensive displays :(see Arkansas, Ole Miss.....). No one appreciates sheer hubris so, maybe take a step back understand that despite some success recently, sports like life are cyclical and this is as good as time as any to nock you off your perch. You have a de facto home field advantage but when you experience the diverse, multidimensional UW offence I'm gusseing You'll be putting down the "Bama koolaid" and offering up a full array of colourful excuses for getting punched in the mouth by your northern opponents.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Bless your heart.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Cool thing about the playoffs is that 95% of the time the best team you'll play all year is waiting for you in the playoffs. From what we've seen, it's usually the best coaches and the best teams year in and year out. In Bama's case the past 2 years we're supposed to cream teams and in the case of OSU and Clemson, didn't happen. Washington for sure IMO is the best team we'll play up to that point, and if they take them lightly we will lose.

I live over on the West coast and I'm friends with a couple Washington alums that are playing the humble role, want to have friendly bet that "I know I'll win". I don't bet on my team, and it's going to be a hell of a game.

I think Petersen is the 3rd or 4th best coach in the country, I really do. He'll have some things up his sleeve.

With that said. We are the better team, but we will be tested.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
No offence.....hehehe....ignorant. Oh, and the other basic 2nd-grade grammatical problems everywhere in that post.....hehehe. Back to bed sweetheart, you'll find out soon enough what Bama football has done and will do to you and your "type" since 1926. Go hide quarters and dimes in the turf before the game - our players will be so distracted, they won't even notice your QB being taken to the local ER. "Offence"...hehehe....."hubris" (do you even know the Latin origin of that word?). Wow, you are making this too easy! I could go on and on, but...you have bored me now...bye-bye... go find yourself a "safe place", because in a few weeks you will be forced to understand the process. And...it. will. hurt. you.

I'm trying my best to stay away from this thread, but wow...

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
No offence but despite less than impressive results as a conference it's clear to UW fans that football fans in the southeast have blinders on, have a regional napoleon complex and won't accept the reality that the best college ball is played outside the Deep South . Hanging the conferences collective hat on Alabama is shortsighted and ignores a bunch of weak offensive efforts : (see LSU, Chattanooga, western Kentucky.....) and porous defensive displays :(see Arkansas, Ole Miss.....). No one appreciates sheer hubris so, maybe take a step back understand that despite some success recently, sports like life are cyclical and this is as good as time as any to nock you off your perch. You have a de facto home field advantage but when you experience the diverse, multidimensional UW offence I'm gusseing You'll be putting down the "Bama koolaid" and offering up a full array of colourful excuses for getting punched in the mouth by your northern yankee opponents.
Best yankee smack since General Richard Tecumseh Sherman had a scheduled appearance in Atlanta :pDT_kap:

But I really hope you guys fail to "nock" us off our perch. And love the new term "gussing", we have some dissidents 142 miles SE that believe their HC really "gussed" up their "offence" this year:biggrin:

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So far we have had three Washington fans show up - and two have already been suspended.

Not an accurate representation of their fan base, I hope...

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
That Victoria person (obviously Canadian) reminds me of someone who thinks it's a good idea to jump in the hot pools at Yellowstone. At least one per year tries it. Results are also the same: they dissolve.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.