Hello Bama Fans. Let me tell you about Washington

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Welcome HL! We're looking forward to the game as well and Gaskin has been on my NCAA Fantasy team so I have kept up with your Offense pretty heavily. I think you hit the nail in the head! For Bama to win, we HAVE to get after Browning early and often or it could be a long day for our DB's. I look for us to use the Bama O of the last half of last year. Pound, pound, pound your DL and take the air out of the ball from the opening snap! Limit your offenses ability to score by keeping the ball all day. Of course that only works when we can keep you out of the end zone when you do have the ball. Anyway, safe travels to ATL and we'll see you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
UDub visitors making a strong argument that legalized Marijuana is not such a good idea:pDT_old:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
No offence but despite less than impressive results as a conference it's clear to UW fans that football fans in the southeast have blinders on, have a regional napoleon complex and won't accept the reality that the best college ball is played outside the Deep South . Hanging the conferences collective hat on Alabama is shortsighted and ignores a bunch of weak offensive efforts : (see LSU, Chattanooga, western Kentucky.....) and porous defensive displays :(see Arkansas, Ole Miss.....). No one appreciates sheer hubris so, maybe take a step back understand that despite some success recently, sports like life are cyclical and this is as good as time as any to nock you off your perch. You have a de facto home field advantage but when you experience the diverse, multidimensional UW offence I'm gusseing You'll be putting down the "Bama koolaid" and offering up a full array of colourful excuses for getting punched in the mouth by your northern opponents.
Tell me all about it after the game. Anything preceding that is just smack. No offense (correct spelling).

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Have you noticed whenever people say No Offense they are about to do just that?

Welcome huskylawyer. Spread the word to actual UW fans and they'll have a great discussion here. Avoid the other sites unless you want only smack talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
No offence but despite less than impressive results as a conference it's clear to UW fans that football fans in the southeast have blinders on, have a regional napoleon complex and won't accept the reality that the best college ball is played outside the Deep South . Hanging the conferences collective hat on Alabama is shortsighted and ignores a bunch of weak offensive efforts : (see LSU, Chattanooga, western Kentucky.....) and porous defensive displays :(see Arkansas, Ole Miss.....). No one appreciates sheer hubris so, maybe take a step back understand that despite some success recently, sports like life are cyclical and this is as good as time as any to nock you off your perch. You have a de facto home field advantage but when you experience the diverse, multidimensional UW offence I'm gusseing You'll be putting down the "Bama koolaid" and offering up a full array of colourful excuses for getting punched in the mouth by your northern opponents.
Take a long hard look at who has won the most National Championships in the past 20-25 years. Ohhhhh, thats right, the SEC.

The best High School Football is also played down south (or more accurately, from Texas all along the southeast) - Football out West and North can't compete. We grow them big and mean in the South. Didn't your grandparents tell you?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The regional SI covers have one very telling difference. The Northwest cover offers to tell us "Why the Huskies Can Win It", while the Southeast cover offers, "Why the Tide Will Win It". In one market they pander for sales - in the other market (and the rest of the country) they tell us what they really believe.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
The regional SI covers have one very telling difference. The Northwest cover offers to tell us "Why the Huskies Can Win It", while the Southeast cover offers, "Why the Tide Will Win It". In one market they pander for sales - in the other market (and the rest of the country) they tell us what they really believe.
But, at the end of the day we still have to go knock them down and pick them back up. No matter what the magazines say, we still have to do it on the field.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
But, at the end of the day we still have to go knock them down and pick them back up. No matter what the magazines say, we still have to do it on the field.
yes, but we have a clue as to what that might involve and the probable outcome. the hot air from some of the uw fans is reminiscent of the stuff we have been hearing for years out of the oregon folks.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
yes, but we have a clue as to what that might involve and the probable outcome. the hot air from some of the uw fans is reminiscent of the stuff we have been hearing for years out of the oregon folks.
Keep in mind that it is a small sample size (on here at least) and Husky Lawyer detests Oregon fans. I'm sure he'd be quite dismayed to hear the 2 fan bases compared.

It would behoove any other Washington fans to know this. Ever since Alabama got rolling we get a new upstart team on a hot streak who think it's their destiny to unseat the King. A vast majority of the time they get their hopes completely crushed. To all incoming UW fans - you don't understand. Your players don't yet understand. I can describe to you what a hurricane is like with vivid adjectives or even video footage - but until you've been through one, you have no idea how terrifying and destructive it can be. You think you have a shot - and you do - there is opportunity. But it would be wise to be humble. Alabama has been here for a long time and there is a reason why. We aren't showing signs of age. We aren't slow. We won't blink. You can win, but every member of your team will likely need to sacrifice a goat and smear ashes on their naked bodies 48hrs before the game to have any chance...and you'll also likely need to put laxatives in Alabama's food.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Keep in mind that it is a small sample size (on here at least) and Husky Lawyer detests Oregon fans. I'm sure he'd be quite dismayed to hear the 2 fan bases compared.

It would behoove any other Washington fans to know this. Ever since Alabama got rolling we get a new upstart team on a hot streak who think it's their destiny to unseat the King. A vast majority of the time they get their hopes completely crushed. To all incoming UW fans - you don't understand. Your players don't yet understand. I can describe to you what a hurricane is like with vivid adjectives or even video footage - but until you've been through one, you have no idea how terrifying and destructive it can be. You think you have a shot - and you do - there is opportunity. But it would be wise to be humble. Alabama has been here for a long time and there is a reason why. We aren't showing signs of age. We aren't slow. We won't blink. You can win, but every member of your team will likely need to sacrifice a goat and smear ashes on their naked bodies 48hrs before the game to have any chance...and you'll also likely need to put laxatives in Alabama's food.
every little village has someone who is going to slay the dragon

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
This thread was going great til the troll distracted everybody. :wink: Kinda be nice to get back to discussing relative strengths and weaknesses based on how each team has played so far.

GoZags

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2016
So far we have had three Washington fans show up - and two have already been suspended.

Not an accurate representation of their fan base, I hope...
Uh-oh.

Appears I have a little pressure on me. Will try to be on my best behavior ... and as a founder/moderator of Gonzaga's board I'd like to think I know a little about how to act while visiting somebody else's living room.

I'm incredibly excited about this game, and while I thought UDub was undersold a bit (i.e. should have had the 2 or 3 seed) I've come to the conclusion that it's better that they play Alabama first .... giving Chris Peterson more time to prepare.

I'm aware of the speed, size, experience, coaching, history, etc. etc. etc. This truly is David v Goliath that will be played in Goliath's neck of the woods. But ever since David sprung the upset .... there's a "chance" ... and i'm hopeful that my guys come through on the 31st.

While it's neither here nor there, I'll explain my username. I'm the only member of my family in the last 3 generations of my family that has a college degree that is NOT from the University of Washington. I learned how to say "Go Huskies" long before I learned how to say "Go Zags". BTW those 2 schools met on the basketball court last night .... and the "good guys" won by 27.

You guys have so much to be proud of vis a vis your football heritage (AND current team). This is fun. I plan to enjoy myself during the buildup .... and .... hopefully during the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Uh-oh.

Appears I have a little pressure on me. Will try to be on my best behavior ... and as a founder/moderator of Gonzaga's board I'd like to think I know a little about how to act while visiting somebody else's living room.

I'm incredibly excited about this game, and while I thought UDub was undersold a bit (i.e. should have had the 2 or 3 seed) I've come to the conclusion that it's better that they play Alabama first .... giving Chris Peterson more time to prepare.

I'm aware of the speed, size, experience, coaching, history, etc. etc. etc. This truly is David v Goliath that will be played in Goliath's neck of the woods. But ever since David sprung the upset .... there's a "chance" ... and i'm hopeful that my guys come through on the 31st.

While it's neither here nor there, I'll explain my username. I'm the only member of my family in the last 3 generations of my family that has a college degree that is NOT from the University of Washington. I learned how to say "Go Huskies" long before I learned how to say "Go Zags". BTW those 2 schools met on the basketball court last night .... and the "good guys" won by 27.

You guys have so much to be proud of vis a vis your football heritage (AND current team). This is fun. I plan to enjoy myself during the buildup .... and .... hopefully during the game.
Good first post, and welcome.

I am left wondering why you feel that you should have had the 2 or 3 seed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.