No surprise, Fournette declares for the draft

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Wish him well, he is a great Tiger and a great representative of LSU. Sad that he was injured for most of the year. You guys got the better of him the last 2 years, but it was like he was fighting a battle with a butter knife. His stats in those games don't represent the true talent he has. I applaud him for his humility. I don't know how to link the letter he penned to LSU fans, but it's pretty good.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
I like him, actually felt a bit sorry for him in the games against Bama we never allowed him to show what he was capable of in those games.

Best of luck to him, a really great runner when he gets a chink of light.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Perhaps I'm just a jaded fella....

But, I think that dude is all "used car salesman"....

I think he declared for the draft during the 2nd quarter of the Bama game....

I think he took the year off....perhaps he will be a great pro. I think he's likely to get in, make some cash.....spend quite a bit of time on the IR -- and then retire....

Again, maybe I'm wrong and a bit jaded....but that dude quit...and that whole "I'm hurt, but I'm gonna play, because I'm mad" junk he pulled a few games back....all for show.

He strikes me as a big phony

I like him, actually felt a bit sorry for him in the games against Bama we never allowed him to show what he was capable of in those games.

Best of luck to him, a really great runner when he gets a chink of light.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Never feel sorry for him and LSU. He made a choice. Much respect but that's it.

Plus, their fans are the worst ever!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
This is the way to do it. It is always fun watching great players perform at a high level. Glad we don't have to face him again but there will be others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Good luck to Fournette, should go high but maybe not as high as people would think...
Gurley went 10th overall in 2015, and Zeke Elliot went 4th overall in 2016 and Fournette is widely considered the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson, so I think he'll go as high as most people think.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Gurley went 10th overall in 2015, and Zeke Elliot went 4th overall in 2016 and Fournette is widely considered the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson, so I think he'll go as high as most people think.
I think he might possibly if not for the durability issues, and the fact that the NFL simply doesn't place "that" much value on running backs. And, He's not Zeke Elliot by any means of the imagination.
Zeke Elliot gained more against us in one run than Fournette has gained in his entire career at LSU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With his injury issues, Fournette probably doesn't go in the top half of the first round - maybe not in the first round at all.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Perhaps I'm just a jaded fella....

But, I think that dude is all "used car salesman"....

I think he declared for the draft during the 2nd quarter of the Bama game....

I think he took the year off....perhaps he will be a great pro. I think he's likely to get in, make some cash.....spend quite a bit of time on the IR -- and then retire....

Again, maybe I'm wrong and a bit jaded....but that dude quit...and that whole "I'm hurt, but I'm gonna play, because I'm mad" junk he pulled a few games back....all for show.

He strikes me as a big phony
Yep.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Zeke doing so well in the NFL may get some team to overdraft at tailback because the NFL is not a league for original ideas. Of course, that team will likely not have drafted 4 pro-bowlers on the OL over the last several drafts to setup for that high pick featureback as Dallas did.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
With his injury issues, Fournette probably doesn't go in the top half of the first round - maybe not in the first round at all.
This is a big concern too. Injuries for a tailback is a huge minus entering into the process.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.