What happened at Ole Miss?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Actually just watched the game again and in my opinion Kelly had tons of room and space over the middle. Not great throws so much as a defence confused with a team that chucks the ball. Additionally without special team run back, and Kelly fumble on own goal line, Ole Miss wins going away IMHO.
I know that you are suspended for the trash talk and can't respond, but what about that period in the game in which Alabama outscored Ole Miss 42-6? Did you fall asleep during that span? That is what you have to stop with Alabama - that period in the game in which everyone is focused and they become unstoppable, on offense and defense. That is when those 5 star athletes at almost every position simply beat your best players to the punch on every play.

You might have a chance when they lack focus, but when you have their attention, this team is just scary.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For the Husky fans, you'll see I'm a stat geek. When I get the chance, I'll do a comparison with the two teams to see how they match up.

For the Ole Miss game, I would point to the fact they scored 13 of their 43 points (30%) and 170 of their 527 yards (32%) in the fourth quarter when trailing by two scores. Be my guest if you want to take comfort in the fact that pretty much a third of their points and yards came when playing catch-up after Bama went on a 42-6 run.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The thing about Freeze is that he has some sort of "sold my soul to the devil" ability to unearth these 6' 5" lanky fast circus freak receivers. I don't know if that's just how people in Mississippi normally grow or what, but in Chad Kelly he had a guy who was very much like his Unkle, but not as consistent. With Freeze he was perfectly ok throwing unsafe toss it up and see if our guy can go get it passes all day long. In the first half and at the end when Alabama had several DB's get hurt it worked like a charm. It's a high risk high reward plan that I fully expect Washington to employ. Florida tried it as well but Ross is obviously more accomplished than Appleby.

Alabama's defense however never blinked, they got burned repeately but they kept coming after Kelly and they eventually forced some devestating mistakes, then you have the Hurts "effect". If something bad happens to him in the game he seems to shift into a different gear.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.