well past the 24 hour rule - let's get to business, what is the practice schedule?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
When do the guys get back to the field? How many practices will we be able to have before the game? I'm assuming they are already watching film and some assistants might even be collecting film for the next couple of possible opponents...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not exactly sure but I believe coach said the 16th after finals would be the first practice. We have unlimited practices for post season prep I believe.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
While a lot of people believe that teams are limited to 15 practices before bowl games, this is not true. As far as I have been able to tell from several searches, that is a spring rule. I don't think that there is a limit for bowl practices beyond the weekly hour limit that applies year round. The real factor is giving players time for finals and a chance to rest after the long season.

Alabama will probably have 12-14 practices and a walk through before the Washington game.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
While a lot of people believe that teams are limited to 15 practices before bowl games, this is not true. As far as I have been able to tell from several searches, that is a spring rule. I don't think that there is a limit for bowl practices beyond the weekly hour limit that applies year round. The real factor is giving players time for finals and a chance to rest after the long season.

Alabama will probably have 12-14 practices and a walk through before the Washington game.
Interesting comment from CNS -- he said he wore out the 2014 team before the OSU game...indicated that they would not work as "hard" as then. At this stage it is about focus and energy -- they have proven they know how to hit.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Interesting comment from CNS -- he said he wore out the 2014 team before the OSU game...indicated that they would not work as "hard" as then. At this stage it is about focus and energy -- they have proven they know how to hit.
I do remember that. I'll bet he and Cochran have figured something out so the guys get the right amount of recovery early, with ramping intensity to ensure they are back in game shape for NYE.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I am glad Padreuf brought this up. The one thing that is a distinct advantage for us heading into this game with Washington is being in the playoffs for the first two years. You learn from your mistakes and I feel that Coach Saban is doing just that with his practice times. Washington is a total newby to this atmosphere and we have been here for the last ten years and two years for the playoffs. They will learn on the go and we will hopefully sharpen our tools.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.