Link: Blake Barnett going to Arizona state

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Ugliest throwing motion I've ever seen. Even if he fixes his terrible mechanics, he's way too skinny to play at the next level. I wish I could be happy for the kid, but he's a quitter and I will never root for him again.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Forks Up must be like Anchor Down although Vandy had a better record than ASU. :biggrin2:
Yeah, or, you know, a slight mispronunciation of what Barnett did as he was leaving 'Bama...

Of course, as depicted on the "commitment cake," that kind of fork's also fitting equipage for the coach out there, Todd (Toodle-oo) Graham.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Now along with Florida after this weekend (because of those dirty plays in the 2nd half) I now have another team to root against. Hope he goes out and throws 5-6 picks a game and is a total bust. Could care less about a player that is obviously a prima donna and someone who quit on his team.

I hope he is Mitch Mustain 2.0

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Good luck to the young man. I don't have a problem with him transferring just the timing of it. The problem with quitting is after the first time it becomes much, much easier to do. Fortunately, in this situation he has the option to "quit". But as he gets further into life there will be things that quitting simply isn't an option. Again, good luck to him.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Good luck to the young man. I don't have a problem with him transferring just the timing of it. The problem with quitting is after the first time it becomes much, much easier to do. Fortunately, in this situation he has the option to "quit". But as he gets further into life there will be things that quitting simply isn't an option. Again, good luck to him.
I appreciate your take on BB and I agree. I think we ought to take the high road as much as is possible.

I know I'll be in the minority here, based on the comments of this particular thread, but it's pretty hard to judge what he did without being in his shoes.

Like Buzzard said, I don't like the timing either, but IF you were in his shoes things would have been less clear than we are making this out to be.

I think his parents probably didn't help him navigate this as much as they should've, but (if I understand this correctly) doing what he did allowed him to play in about 75% of the games next year when, if he would have waited to the end of this year to transfer he would have had to sit out the entire season next year.

Again, I didn't like it and I didn't like the timing of it, but I can personally not like what he did but wish him well in the future (outside of the rare chance we play them).

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The tragedy of it is the kid isn't hurting Alabama as much as he's hurting himself. Sure, he's put a football team in a potential "bad" situation regarding a football game. By him quitting when he did he's laying seeds in his life that could grow "quitting" into his character. My dad raised me to finish what I started. I remember playing youth league football one season and hated the team and coach I played for. The coach had zero clue what he was doing, had a bunch of kids out there who didn't really care one way or the other. I wanted to quit. He told me "Son, you finish what you start. Even if it means doing something you don't want too." I have no doubt by him making me do that it instilled something into my character that helped me when I became an adult and had real problems.

I appreciate your take on BB and I agree. I think we ought to take the high road as much as is possible.

I know I'll be in the minority here, based on the comments of this particular thread, but it's pretty hard to judge what he did without being in his shoes.

Like Buzzard said, I don't like the timing either, but IF you were in his shoes things would have been less clear than we are making this out to be.

I think his parents probably didn't help him navigate this as much as they should've, but (if I understand this correctly) doing what he did allowed him to play in about 75% of the games next year when, if he would have waited to the end of this year to transfer he would have had to sit out the entire season next year.

Again, I didn't like it and I didn't like the timing of it, but I can personally not like what he did but wish him well in the future (outside of the rare chance we play them).

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle
We'll be sure to welcome him to the Pac-12 with a nice thorough pounding of ASU, Graham, and his stupid looking motivational speaker headset he wears on the sideline frequently. And Graham is a carpet bagger. He'll either leave or be fired within 2 years anyways.

But I don't blame BB for going to ASU. Not only was he clearly behind Hurts, but if you've ever been to scottsdale, you'll notice that they genetically engineer the women down there. The entire city and ASU campus feels like the Playboy mansion. It is kinda nutty down there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.