Link: Blake Barnett going to Arizona state

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I doubt he would have ever played any significant minutes with Bama even if Jalen gets hurt. I wish him good luck in his health, his personal life, spiritual life, and life beyond football. As far as football, I wish him no good luck or bad luck. He makes no difference to me since he is no longer at Bama.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Can't agree...He left his team in the middle of the season. He took away a scholarship and practice time. He was a distraction, albeit minimal, in a CFP run...and now somehow his poc helicopter father has hoodwinked the NCAA into letting him play right away without sitting...There's a box we don't need opened...The only luck I wish him is that he doesn't lose his GF to the eventual starting QB at..wait, where???

good luck to him. i think he has a heck of an arm. I dont care about how or why he transferred. i'll be cheering for him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This flies in the face of logic & seems to signal that the NCAA will sanction free agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am curious about the reasoning from the NCAA. Like you said if pretty much sets up free agency in college football.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Saban wanted to coach the bowl game, but Michigan State told him no.

Exactly. To make a workplace analogy...CNS put in a notice to MSU but they didn't let him finish it. Barnett just left the building w/o saying a word to anyone....quit. He's a quitter.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Exactly. To make a workplace analogy...CNS put in a notice to MSU but they didn't let him finish it. Barnett just left the building w/o saying a word to anyone....quit. He's a quitter.
I just don't get this. Something stinks. The one year transfer rule will be abolished or should be lawyer-challenged from now on, with each case. This guy plays four games, is uninjured physically, quits on his team and can immediately transfer without sitting out a year? What pictures does the ASU coach have on the NCAA president?

This is a precedent. The NCAA has cut themselves off at the knees.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I can't believe the NCAA did this. The more logical line of thought would be that the NCAA would plug up the loophole entirely in the future (so that players can't transfer mid-season to save part of their eligibility). The waiver allowing players to transfer mid-season and still retain full eligibility the next year is just absurd.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I would have zero problem with him transferring if he would have waited until the end of the season to do so. He quit on his team right in the middle of the season.

And I am beyond shocked that the NCAA ruled him eligible right away. They just opened Pandora's box IMO. This doesn't help an already bad trend of entitlement issues.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.