Link: Trump Hotel not good enough for Lebron James.....

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Wonder what the headline would have been if they had refused to let him stay ?

https://twitter.com/espn/status/805950743672999937?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
I don't think that reverse argument works. He's a consumer and welcome to choose where he likes to stay. If he doesn't like the ideas espoused by the owner of an establishment, he can choose not to patronize them. To me it's not the same fit-pitching as threatening to move to another country, it's an actionable and personal response that actually has an (admittedly small) effect.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I don't necessarily agree with him, but I'm not against him. This is a far cry from Colin whats-his-name. This is just a man making a personal choice based on his beliefs. I do the same with some companies with which I refuse to do business.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
All hail these brave celebrities, who forgo one luxury hotel to stay at another.

I would be more impressed if LeBron slept on a park bench to protest the evil Trump.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I dunno....guy's got a right to his opinion(s) but he's also a pretty big role model for many youths.

Does this move benefit those youths......or not?

Does it help bring the country together?

Does it even matter what he does in the large picture of things?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
In the grand scheme of things, I couldn't care less. On the other hand, I would think the team would be more important than personal interests, but maybe I have a warped sense of team.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Why were they excused?![emoji848] Seriously, they need to quit it.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
I guess the team picks the hotel and he needs permission to stay somewhere else. I wonder if he has to pay his own hotel bill if he isn't staying with the team.

I suspect the Cavs will soon no longer be staying at Trump owned properties.

As for me, I really don't care and I don't think it hurts the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I guess the team picks the hotel and he needs permission to stay somewhere else. I wonder if he has to pay his own hotel bill if he isn't staying with the team.

I suspect the Cavs will soon no longer be staying at Trump owned properties.

As for me, I really don't care and I don't think it hurts the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may may not hurt the team. Nevertheless, I assume there might be a team member or two who voted for Trump, and LJ's stunt simply emphasizes the political differences within the team. To the extent it causes a level of resentment, the team could be hurt.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
It may may not hurt the team. Nevertheless, I assume there might be a team member or two who voted for Trump, and LJ's stunt simply emphasizes the political differences within the team. To the extent it causes a level of resentment, the team could be hurt.
That makes me think of the Chappelle monologue on SNL a few weeks back. He mentioned how all his rich, black friends were outragged and wanted him to move to Canada with them. Chappelle, says, no, I'm gonna try out these tax breaks for a little bit first.

PS: I'm not sure what odd set of dominoes my mind put together to tie your post to SNL, but my mind seems to make odd, spider web connections in a fraction of a second.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
So kinda the same as the last 8 years?
No. Being upset and disagreeing with policies that Obama put in place that have literally taken $300 a month away from my paycheck is a whole lot different then throwing a temper tantrum because your guy lost.

I didn't whine or cry when Obama won the last 2 elections. I didn't protest or march in the streets, I moved on with my life. I disagree with him on almost everything and I strongly hate what he did to healthcare because it has hurt my family. Acting like a 3 year old child because the other guy won is no where close to the same thing. I'm sorry if you can't see the difference.

The "liberals" in this country need to grow up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.