Is Mullen a good coach for Oregon?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Taggart is a great up-and-coming coach. I think they were probably wise to not wait for Chip Kelly...wonder if they got cold feet?
Funny thing to me was seeing Schiano among the Zer-0-gon (sorry, 'Dub told me to do it that way) contenders - the guy's barely adequate as a bingo caller, what with his unconsciousness when it comes to situational awareness. And to think of him going back to Tampa (at USF, as has been mentioned), where he was exposed to the point of season ticket holders wondering whether Pegleg Pete or whatever the mascot's name is would've been a better hire...don't see that happening either. (C'mon, Kiffy, it's yours for the asking.)

Also, Mullen would've been a better coach at Tejas (and probably would've been the coach if Herman wasn't habañero flavor of the month) than at, oops, Zer-0-gon.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Oregon is bare of in state High School talent. You'd have to be able to recruit Nation Wide (especially in California) to be successful at Oregon. That is how Kelly won there. He stole recruits from USC, UCLA and CAL. If you can't do that consistently, then Oregon is an awful job. Its no wonder Rhule picked Baylor over Oregon. I would too I think because Texas is a hotbed of High School talent. NO shortage of talent in Texas.

Mullen's coaching roots are in the South. I can't possibly see him being successful out West. If Mullen gets another job, it'll be another SEC team - Perhaps even an ACC or Big 12 team. I don't see Mullen going to the PAC.

But yes, Mullen is an excellent coach and an excellent offensive mind when he has his type of QB in the fold. As an example, Mullen developed Dak Prescott and look at what Dak is doing for the Dallas Cowboys right now. Prescott is one of the best looking rookie QB's that I have seen in YEARS.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Us Husky fans hate Oregon with a passion. We basically pounded them for a century, they had a great 15+ year run (no national championships though), and because they were used to being the mistreated step-child, they didn't know how to handle their success. By far the worst fans in college football. Many Husky fans won't even travel to Eugene because they'll vandalize our cars, start fights, etc. They are the worst of the worst. They have a Napoleon short guy complex to the extreme. They know Portland and Eugene will never be Seattle ha ha.

With that said, they have NFL like funds behind them. Knight is basically Jerry Jones. Their facilities are bonkers, and though Eugene is a progressive dump with a bunch of anarchists, it isn't a bad spot for a kid who wants flashy gear and facilities (with zero history or tradition).
So, you are saying they are like our local Potemkin Village (aka API)?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.