University Ticket Allotment Info

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
Here is some info that I have gathered that may help some people out in their ticket choices.

Email will be sent from Tide Pride tomorrow according to someone I talked to in the office.

Tickets will then be emailed on the 19th of this month.

According to Peach Bowl ticket office, Alabama's ticket allotment will be sections 116 thru 125 and the corresponding sections speckled above.

The band will be in section 123 and Alabama will use the tunnel below section 122.

Ticket prices in prime seating locations aren't dropping like I thought they would. Sales have been moving along pretty good. Stubhub started out with 12,000 tickets and it is now down too 8500 seats remaining. I expect there to be a pretty considerable drop in availability after the notification is sent out due to those that were boarder-line in points scooping tickets up. I think the upper deck ticket prices will remain pretty economical in price up until gameday. I have been watching numerous seats on the Alabama side(lowers) only to watch them get scooped up. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger in Section 118 today.

And for our Huskyfans, they will be in section 136 thru 105.

Hope this info helps!

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Thank you so much Jeff! I appreciate all the info. So it sounds like we're opposite of where we were for SECCG. I never qualify thru UA for semi-finals but always qualify for the National Championship game. Roll Tide regardless!

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
The demand is much higher this year since the game is in Atlanta, and the university is getting a lot less tickets for the semifinal than they will for the championship if we make it. I am hoping that I will be able to get tickets for Tampa since I missed out on these.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Here is the text of the message...

Dear TIDE PRIDE Member,

This email is to notify you of the results of your Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl ticket request.

We regret to inform you that your request for Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl tickets could not be filled as we had more requests than available inventory.

TIDE PRIDE members who have 580 Tide Totals Priority Points or more had their request fulfilled.

Your credit card that you submitted during the request process will not be charged.

Should the TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office be able to acquire additional inventory, we will contact you to notify you of that opportunity.

Fulfillment emails for the National Championship game will be sent next week.

If you have any questions, please contact the TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office at (205) 348-2262 or ticketoffice@ia.ua.edu.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Secondary ticket market is reacting as I expected. The tickets in the same section that I bought last night are going for $200 per ticket more tonight.
I don't doubt that a bit. I knew this was going to be a tough ticket, but I am hoping that we can get a few more tickets since it is a long haul for the Washington fans. Then again if they see how much they are selling for on the secondary market, they will probably buy them and resell even if they don't plan to attend.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
The demand is much higher this year since the game is in Atlanta, and the university is getting a lot less tickets for the semifinal than they will for the championship if we make it. I am hoping that I will be able to get tickets for Tampa since I missed out on these.
I suspect there will be greater availability of tickets for the national title game for several reasons:

-- Participating teams get a larger allotment than for the holiday bowl games, as you noted.
-- Game is played on Monday night in January after school holidays have ended, making travel more challenging for many folks.
-- Perhaps most importantly, face value of the tickets is about triple what the bowl tickets cost (starting at $450 and going up to $650, if the prices are the same as last year).

For the title game with Clemson last January, there were tons of tickets available on game day for well under face value. There were also lots and lots of empty seats in the Bama corner where my son and I sat. I'm sure the distance to Arizona factored in heavily as well.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I put in for championships tickets and I have 250 TT points. I didn't check off for tickets to the the Peach Bowl for that reason. We shall see next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I suspect there will be greater availability of tickets for the national title game for several reasons:

-- Participating teams get a larger allotment than for the holiday bowl games, as you noted.
-- Game is played on Monday night in January after school holidays have ended, making travel more challenging for many folks.
-- Perhaps most importantly, face value of the tickets is about triple what the bowl tickets cost (starting at $450 and going up to $650, if the prices are the same as last year).

For the title game with Clemson last January, there were tons of tickets available on game day for well under face value. There were also lots and lots of empty seats in the Bama corner where my son and I sat. I'm sure the distance to Arizona factored in heavily as well.
I agree. I got tickets on my own, but I haven't been able to get tickets thru Tide Pride for any of the semi-final games. I have gotten them for every National Championship game thru Tide Pride. I wasn't surprised in the least when I got the email the other day. I think the fact that everyone is off from work/school makes it the toughest.

I don't think game day National Championship tickets will be readily available like in Glendale last year. Everyone can get to Tampa, at worst case drive the day of/before the game. Glendale was a different situation. I know MANY Alabama fans that got their tickets thru Tide Pride for the NC game, but by the time the email notification was sent out flights were sold out and the drive wasn't practical. So you had lots of Alabama tickets in Glendale for sale by people that were still in Alabama. That won't be the case this year.

I'll get my tickets and be there regardless but best of luck to everyone. Roll Tide! :)

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
NC cutoff is 131. I have 130 :(:(
Welcome to the club. In 2012 the initial cutoff for the NCG against Notre Dame was 440 and I was golden with 501 points. However, for the first time the cutoff moved up instead of down. The new cutoff was, yep, 502 and I missed seeing the Tide stomp the Irish by 1 lousy point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.