Stats Comparison for Alabama and Washington

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Worth remembering, Sagarin ranks Alabama's SOS #12 and Washington's SOS #41.

Alabama plays it's game, and Washington is in major trouble.

These averages are games not played against Alabama or Washington.

Alabama-Washington Comparison.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the combination of UDub's explosiveness downfield with Ross+Pettis and their high takeaway defense are the two most concerning factors for us. If we have better ball security and just stay the course defensively then I think we'll win this one. They'll test those factors common in our losses over the years though...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Alabama's defense has performed better even against better offenses. Bama's offense has performed close to the same against better defenses. (based on stats only) RTR

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I saw a stat today that Washington leads the country with 70 total touchdowns and Bama leads the country with only allowing 14 TD all year. It will be an interesting game--hopefully not too interesting... we need to win by at least 14 points or I will be nervous the whole time! I am actually going to the game so I hope we win big!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Honestly, the Pac-12 had about as bad of a showing out of conference this year as the SEC and Washington might as well not had an OOC schedule at all given what they scheduled. I don't care how much USC improved with Darnold at QB, they didn't make up 46 points on Alabama over the course of the season. Washington State lost to an FCS team and Boise State but got into the middle of November with an undefeated conference record. Stanford went undefeated in their OOC schedule but they ended up with a mediocre Kansas State, horrible Notre Dame, and Rice. Kansas State may be that conference's best OOC win this year so far though!

And this isn't really a direct slight at Washington but it is probably some credence that their schedule was VERY weak. They scheduled like a "get bowl eligible" season this year with their 3 OOC games and I think it is pretty dang clear that the conference as a whole is pretty weak compared to the past few years. It might even be fair to say that the USC resurgence the media got all hyped over was mostly about getting into a much easier part of their schedule. Alabama, Stanford, and Utah in their first four games...probably among the most physical teams they played all season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Those stats, if schedules were equal, would make for a fairly close game with a final score of Alabama 30 - Washington 23. But the schedules were not equal. The gap will be wider.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
+1 for a thread that does not involve Kiffin or Cornwell.

Very interesting numbers, I can't wait for the RBR analysis. The Huskies no doubt have a very good team, they must be strong somewhere and probably strong in a lot of places. Actually their defense pops out at me, although defenses benefit from offenses that suck out all the oxygen.

Overall, Alabama D is much better, Alabama O is in the same ballpark. Excepting the kind of whacky razzle-dazzle I watched on youtube today, the kind of stuff Peterson does, this should not be very close.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Like I posted earlier about the key stats, this is assuming Alabama plays a clean game. We get mismatched in the backend on defense a few too many times and have turnovers then all the sudden this ain't a wide margin and might be a deficit. That is the 100% key to the game. Minimize explosive passes from UDub and protect the football, we win.

Like I posted earlier about the key stats, this is assuming Alabama plays a clean game. We get mismatched in the backend on defense a few too many times and have turnovers then all the sudden this ain't a wide margin and might be a deficit. That is the 100% key to the game. Minimize explosive passes from UDub and protect the football, we win.
Is it also assuming Washington does play a clean game?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Is it also assuming Washington does play a clean game?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
"We" can't really control that one, so I just look at it as what Alabama has got to have to assure victory and I do believe it comes down to limiting explosive plays on defense and not putting the ball on the turf or in the wrong guy's hands on offense. If that happens for Alabama, Washington will eventually not be playing a clean game at any rate...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I guess what I'm saying is I think the DB group is going to get challenged by the staff all during the lead up to this game. This is a money game for guys like Fitz, Averett, Hump, etc. They put on good tape here, they're gonna make money off it down the line. Ball security is going to be harped on by the offensive staff and head coach...because it is absolutely critical that the skill guys protect the ball and the QB doesn't throw bad balls into coverage.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I was wondering why I'm so scared about turnovers so I looked at last year's stats. For the whole season last year, Bama threw 10 interceptions, fumbled 12 times and lost 7. Through the SEC Championship game this year, Bama has 9 interceptions and fumbled 24 times losing 10. For 2014: 10 int & 18 fumbles;12 lost

Maybe Bama is finished with committing turnovers this year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.