Question: Who is Montana Murphy?

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reading ESPN about Cornwell's departure and they say Murphy is the only quarterback remaining on the roster outside of Hurts. The only information I've seen is he is a preferred walk on from Southlake Carroll in Texas.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Reading ESPN about Cornwell's departure and they say Murphy is the only quarterback remaining on the roster outside of Hurts. The only information I've seen is he is a preferred walk on from Southlake Carroll in Texas.
If he started for Southlake Carroll he was a really good HS QB in Texas. He probably could have played at a lot of D-1AA or D-2 schools. I don't know what the rub was that had him as only a preferred walk on v. a scholly offer.

edit:

Reading a little more, it appears he suffered a back injury prior to fall camp of his senior season and split playing time.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
If Montana is still limited injury wise, I wonder if Ardarius Stewart is getting some snaps at QB.

Lots of press out there that both Bateman and Morris are not planning to leave until after the playoff games, so hopefully that is the case. If that is true, then no reason for AS to get QB reps, but next season we're going to be mighty thin - we need two QBs in the class for sure.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Well, he has the name. If he plays anything like another "Montana", we are in good hands, LOL.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The first I'd heard of Montana Murphy was when I saw this last night...

Josh Palet ‏@JoshPalet

With Cooper & David transferring & Montana out for the season I'm more than ready to help our team repeat as champions. Roll Tide.
I'm starting to like this guy (Palet). He seems to have a good attitude and sense of humor. I usually stop looking at tweets after one or two but I made it down to the one where he referred to Hurts as his apprentice.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm starting to like this guy (Palet). He seems to have a good attitude and sense of humor. I usually stop looking at tweets after one or two but I made it down to the one where he referred to Hurts as his apprentice.
Dude is actually funny too. Him photo bombing Coach during his after game interview was classic. I bet his followers probably tripled over night.:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.