Link: Mark and Brian Iron Bowl I-95 Radio

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Some of you will remember the Mark and Brian show on WAPI 95 ( yes JOX 95 used to be a real radio station and played classic rock in the 70's and 80's. The Mark and Brian show was on in Birmingham for 3 years but move to KLOS in LA in 1987, their popularity lead to a 1 year tv show which was a flop, but they remained the number 1 radio show for a couple of decades. I found this yesterday and since we do not have a game for another 3 weeks you might find this interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1z8QZVjl2s

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I remember listening to them when I was younger too. Especially since my old man listened to classic rock all the time.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Reckon who the dude was they got on there during iron bowl week that always talked about bourbon in the morning. Had a real deep voice, if I remember?

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I remember these guys. I also seem to remember one claiming to be pro barn and one claiming to be pro Tide
Brian came to Birmingham from Illinois, but if memory serves he became default Alabama to balance out Mark, who was a legitimate (to the extent such a thing exists, anyway) Barner. Even after they moved to KLOS (I listened to them every weekday when I lived in SoCal 1989 - 1995), Mark continued to sprinkle in "War Eagles" when he could...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Brian came to Birmingham from Illinois, but if memory serves he became default Alabama to balance out Mark, who was a legitimate (to the extent such a thing exists, anyway) Barner. Even after they moved to KLOS (I listened to them every weekday when I lived in SoCal 1989 - 1995), Mark continued to sprinkle in "War Eagles" when he could...

Small world I moved to the SFV in 1985 and left in 1996 moved to Atlanta. But the weird thing was I was driving to the office and trying to find a channel to listen to. And oh its Mark and Brian, I thought it was a joke, but called the station and they had moved to LA. Small world, yes Mark is a Aubarn fan. I followed their career since I listened to them for all those years when I lived in LA.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.