Link: CNS apparently yells at CLK at practice all the time per Jonathan Allen

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Saban should agree to making videos of chewing out ten different fans, then auction tickets to see who gets the honor. I bet it would raise a ton of money.
That`d be great! Fund raiser for Nick`s Kids. I bet he could walk into my office, not knowing me from Adam`s house cat, watch me do my job for an hour (or less ), and have enough material to royally chew my butt on how I was doing that job ! Interesting thing is that he`d probably be right !:biggrin2:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I would say Burns and Bobby Williams gets the least flack just because they seem the type that they been around too long to want to catch the wrath. But like others say who knows with Coach:biggrin:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I would say Burns and Bobby Williams gets the least flack just because they seem the type that they been around too long to want to catch the wrath. But like others say who knows with Coach:biggrin:
Burton and Bobby been around Nick the longest because they don't have to be told they need to get right...

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Rolando McClain made a comment once that CNS didn't yell at him. He and CNS had a discussion about it and decided it was best that there be no yelling as Rolando was already to hard on himself.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I used to tell my players, don't worry when I'm yelling, worry when I'm not. If I'm yelling, I may be mad, but its because I think you can do better. If I'm not yelling, I've probably given up on you. I'm an old school, tough love guy myself.
My high school coach was a very young Larry Blakeney. One day he was riding me like a horse, yelling, criticizing, just on my case constantly. I finally snapped and yelled, "You've been screaming at me the whole expletive practice!"
He, without any hesitation screamed right back, "And if I ever stop, you cocky (expletive), you'll know that you're no longer my starting tailback"!"You just got ten extra 40's after practice, you got a problem with that"?
"No sir". :)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My high school coach was a very young Larry Blakeney. One day he was riding me like a horse, yelling, criticizing, just on my case constantly. I finally snapped and yelled, "You've been screaming at me the whole expletive practice!"
He, without any hesitation screamed right back, "And if I ever stop, you cocky (expletive), you'll know that you're no longer my starting tailback"!"You just got ten extra 40's after practice, you got a problem with that"?
He ever tell you to keep it down home, cuz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
This team ran for more yardage than any team Saban has coached at Bama.
True, with 850 yards coming from the QB and another 85 coming from WRs. i think when most of us are yelling "RUN THE BALL, LANE", we mean give the ball to Bo/Harris/Jacobs to let them do their thing, and to do some of it earlier in the game instead of most of the RB work coming in the second half.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Where did you play at?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He ever tell you to keep it down home, cuz?

We still talk occasionally and he has never changed. "Cuz"...I think, is his favorite expression.
But I'm proud, in my later years, to have shared a scotch, or two, with him, and to have sit with him listening to Merle Haggard and just chilling out. Love the man to death. He gave me more confidence than anyone I can remember.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Actually Saban has been very clear about that. He says it is all depending upon the individual player and what they respond to for the most part. I've coached and sometimes you yell regardless but these days some of those kids will shut down with that approach. Whatever he's doing works!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I have a close friend of mine who was a former high school football head coach in Alabama. He was at practice during CNS first spring at Bama and they were running plays at a very fast pace. Long story short, John Parker threw and incomplete pass out of bounds and CNS was yelling "Get a blanking ball out here now." My buddy said there were high school coaches running all over that sideline trying to get a ball. He said everyone on the field from coaches, players, managers, trainers, etc. were getting ripped by Saban. lol

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I wonder if there is anyone on the staff that Saban has a little different relationship with...and doesn't occasionally yell at. If I had to take a guess, it would be the running back coach that has been there as long as Saban has. Burns is real close to Saban's age and I would imagine he knows how to coach without getting a trademark earful from Saban.

People that follow practice might get a laugh out of my guess...Burns might get yelled at more than anyone for all I know...
Nope you're correct.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.