Link: CNS apparently yells at CLK at practice all the time per Jonathan Allen

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ll-the-time-in-practice/ar-AAlhPnB?li=BBnbfcL

Allen seems to think it's kind of funny.

“Coach Kiffin, he gets real competitive so he tries to scheme us a little bit, but feel like we do a good job,” Allen said. “As a defense you try to get Coach Saban mad at him and try to get him yelled at in practice.”

How often are the Alabama defenders successful in getting Kiffin yelled at?

“Oh all the time,” (Defensive end Jonathan) Allen said with a smile. “All the time and we love it. I’m sure you guys have seen those on the TV, that’s exactly how it is in practice.”

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
To be fair, I bet the line of people CNS doesn't yell at in practice if far shorter than the line of people he does yell at.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
To be fair, I bet the line of people CNS doesn't yell at in practice if far shorter than the line of people he does yell at.
The line of people not yelling at Lane Kiffin's play calling is far shorter than the line of people not yelling. Partial blue font intended as he does do a great job a majority of the time.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I wonder if there is anyone on the staff that Saban has a little different relationship with...and doesn't occasionally yell at. If I had to take a guess, it would be the running back coach that has been there as long as Saban has. Burns is real close to Saban's age and I would imagine he knows how to coach without getting a trademark earful from Saban.

People that follow practice might get a laugh out of my guess...Burns might get yelled at more than anyone for all I know...

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Gotta imagine that Burton Burns is thinking the same thing as all of us...."Run the ball, Lane!"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Had a class with a trainer in the spring after the Rose Bowl. He said Saban yelled at him during practice one day during bowl prep and said he wouldn't make the trip because he didn't move something fast enough during a drill.

He made the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Had a class with a trainer in the spring after the Rose Bowl. He said Saban yelled at him during practice one day during bowl prep and said he wouldn't make the trip because he didn't move something fast enough during a drill.

He made the trip.

The clip of him and the Dolphins OL tell you all that you need to know about CNS and yelling.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I never played for a head coach that didn't yell at his players and assistant coaches. My high school head coach had a very successful career and was inducted in to the coaches hall of fame this year in Oklahoma. He was a absolute tyrant in practice. I came to a conclusion my junior year that if he was yelling at me it was only because he cared about me and wanted me to succeed. Man, did we all get some butt chewings. I miss those days. LOL

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Probably the only player to not get yelled at by Saban might be Julio Jones. I remember the clip of the team stretching before practice and Saban asking Jones if he was going to talk that day? Julio pointed Saban down the line without saying a word. Saban just laughed and said something about not wanting to get on that guy's bad side.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

He made the trip.

I think that CNS thinks that everybody ( players, their families, the fans, all athletic staff, students, ) is a part of the " Process" and has a role to play. Therefore, as leader of the " Process", it is his obligation to hold everybody accountable in executing their respective roles.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I used to tell my players, don't worry when I'm yelling, worry when I'm not. If I'm yelling, I may be mad, but its because I think you can do better. If I'm not yelling, I've probably given up on you. I'm an old school, tough love guy myself.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I used to tell my players, don't worry when I'm yelling, worry when I'm not. If I'm yelling, I may be mad, but its because I think you can do better. If I'm not yelling, I've probably given up on you. I'm an old school, tough love guy myself.
If he doesn't yell, he probably doesn't care and you aren't worth his time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.