New Offensive Coordinator (OFFICIAL: Sark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Replacement Offensive Coordinator

B1GTIDE. unnecessary slur against sarkasian. our coach saban thinks enough about him to bring him this year and give him a second chance. he does have a history of being a sound offensive mind, and I am sure coach was planning on lane leaving when he was brought in.
Big1tide is super cool and I love to hear him discuss his thoughts on here. He didn't say anything that wasn't the truth....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

For those wondering about Locksley, here are the stats for offenses when he was the OC. We saw with Lane how a guy might be better as a coordinator than a HC, so I didn't include his time in New Mexico as HC.

Locksley.jpg

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

For those wondering about Locksley, here are the stats for offenses when he was the OC. We saw with Lane how a guy might be better as a coordinator than a HC, so I didn't include his time in New Mexico as HC.

View attachment 2509
Yards per game are decent but his PPG are relatively low.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

View attachment 2509
I tend to think he has the inside track at this point. I think he'll call the remainder of the games if Kiffin and Sark both depart before the CFP. If I remember, Smart came in for criticism from UGA fans for staying on. They thought he should be over there recruiting. Of course, it turned out that he was recruiting competitively, even while on the job here... :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I don't know how much Phil savage is actually in the know but he thinks if Kiffin is hired at Houston then he won't be the OC during the Washington game, and that Sark will be the OC.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.al.c...l_savage_believes_if_lane_k.amp?client=safari
I'd say that's easily possible. It think, as I just posted, that there will be pressure on CLK to get on down there and start recruiting. IF Sark is still around for the CFP, I'd say it's a tossup between him and Locksley. I lean towards Locksley, in that event...

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I tend to think he has the inside track at this point. I think he'll call the remainder of the games if Kiffin and Sark both depart before the CFP. If I remember, Smart came in for criticism from UGA fans for staying on. They thought he should be over there recruiting. Of course, it turned out that he was recruiting competitively, even while on the job here... :D
I'll take 2007 Mike Locksley with Mendenhall....of course, that might be as athletically close to what we have here as Locksley has EVER had...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'll preface by saying I have no idea who would be the 'perfect' replacement. But I think I'd start by looking at the teams in Top 30 or so in Offensive yards and ppg. Then out of those 30... isolate the teams that run an offense similar to what we will be doing with Jalen the next 3 years (I think he'll be a 4-year starter barring a huge improvement in passing). The 'Fastball' RPO style and make a list of those OC's and go from there.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

In the SEC, I sort of like the Arkansas OC. Mixes running and passing, uses the TE, etc.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I'll take 2007 Mike Locksley with Mendenhall....of course, that might be as athletically close to what we have here as Locksley has EVER had...
That's what I'm thinking. Still not completely sold on the idea, but I do think the 2007 and 2008 Illinois teams would be the closest thing to 2016 Alabama Locksley has coached.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sounds good at first, but I think he has too many red flags (recruiting, QB development). I'm not sure Saban himself would entertain that idea, but who knows

"Roll Tide"
What recruiting red flag does Helfrich have?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Sounds good at first, but I think he has too many red flags (recruiting, QB development). I'm not sure Saban himself would entertain that idea, but who knows

"Roll Tide"
My worry is that we are going to get a "yes man" regardless unless Sark stays on. I rather have one with a different philosophy than the head coach than one that goes with everything he says no questions asked. CNS can probably win 11 games with himself calling the plays, and maybe even a NC, but then you have games like the 2013 auburn game that you continuously run the same play against a team that is selling out for it, all the while you have arguably the best qb and wr to ever play at the program with over 200 yards. Basically I think competing ideas work for us like they have the past 3 years.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I will oc for a quarter of what they pay CLK and I promise you there will not be threads started saying run the dang ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.