New Offensive Coordinator (OFFICIAL: Sark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Re: Replacement Offensive Coordinator

Can anyone give me a run down on Napier?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
He was OC at Clemson for one season. They were 86th in Offense scoring 24ppg and had a losing record....the only one under Dabo. He was removed from the position. He then spent some time with McElwain at CSU. He's conservative and it would be going backwards in philosophy and not using Jalen's talents. We need a guy who is well versed in running the RPO style offense.

He was OC at Clemson for one season. They were 86th in Offense scoring 24ppg and had a losing record....the only one under Dabo. He was removed from the position. He then spent some time with McElwain at CSU. He's conservative and it would be going backwards in philosophy and not using Jalen's talents. We need a guy who is well versed in running the RPO style offense.
In that case, we need Coach Sark!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

I get negative where CBN is concerned relative to being conservative. But I have to ask myself whether that losing season was due to schematic deficiency and/or lack of talent to fit an evolving system?

And as long as everyone on the Bama staff has been paying attention to what works and doesn't work can a hybrid system be adopted and incorporated?

Lotsa questions in my mind. But, like some others, I think an outside hire is more probable. You can bet CNS will go after someone who has experience but has an adaptable attitude to the "SABAN WAY" of doing things.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Have no idea who we get. However, as long as CNS is here, I am not worried. IMO, he knew this was coming and has a plan already in place.

RTR!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Have no idea who we get. However, as long as CNS is here, I am not worried. IMO, he knew this was coming and has a plan already in place.

RTR!
Ditto ... I don't think we will be in a situation where the offense will stalemate in the least bit. Whoever he chooses is not going to re-create the whole offense. A lot of the things we currently have will still be in place along with a few new wrinkles. The key is, if Hurts continues to grow in the off-season on the passing side, I think we have the chance to have one of the most prolific offenses in Bama history next year.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

TIFWIW but Saturday Down South has a list of potential not necessarily accurate but hopefuls.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...ce-lane-kiffin-alabama-offensive-coordinator/
Well, at least they're aiming higher than a lot of folks on these boards. A few of those names aren't realistic in the least, but nice list.

And, now that Kiffin is officially gone, it needs to be repeated more emphatically: please, PLEASE not Mike Locksley.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

Lincoln Riley is included on that list. I'd love it if Saban stole him away from Bob Stoops. The Sooner O has put up some monster numbers the last two seasons.
Did OU put up those numbers because of the OC or because they play some weak defense in the Big12?

If we go outside the program, might look at the guy from Pitt. Just a suggestion but they seemed pretty balanced with limited talent at the skill positions but strong up front.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

We're not getting Scott Frost, Lincoln Riley, or Chad Morris. Riley is at the top levels of college football as an OC, his next stop is a HC position. Frost and Morris are not leaving an HC job to be the OC even for Alabama.

I think looking at one of TCU or Clemson's Co-OCs is interesting though.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't like to speculate, but I don't think Sark will get consideration for the OC job based on what I've read elsewhere. I've seen some talk that Saban may bring Mark Helfrich in as Consultant for the playoff. We will see. Another name I would watch is Lincoln Riley. If he does well with bama, that raise his name to new level. I think we'll see Helfrich and Napier getting a look.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Oklahoma is not some short road-stop in the long journey to the top of the coaching ranks...Riley is already a highly visible coordinator at a blue blood program. We're not signing him unless he doesn't like someone on that staff or something of that variety.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Oklahoma is not some short road-stop in the long journey to the top of the coaching ranks...Riley is already a highly visible coordinator at a blue blood program. We're not signing him unless he doesn't like someone on that staff or something of that variety.
I tend to think that you're right, but I would think that a chance to work for the best coach in the history of the game and an outside shot at succession might be enough to give any OC out there pause and at least consider an offer. We could certainly match anything OU is paying him and with Stoops being only in his early 50's and likely to remain at OU for the foreseeable future, Riley will likely not get that opportunity at Oklahoma.

Last edited by a moderator:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Lincoln Riley is included on that list. I'd love it if Saban stole him away from Bob Stoops. The Sooner O has put up some monster numbers the last two seasons.
his character issues left him odd-man out versus Applewhite and Kiffin for the Houston job.....CNS ain't touching him.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

All I can say is that we don't want any of the previous OC's at LSU!! I'll leave it up to Coach to bring in the best available.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

his character issues left him odd-man out versus Applewhite and Kiffin for the Houston job.....CNS ain't touching him.
That is something too because Applewhite had a sexual relationship with a Texas student while working there and Kiffin has enjoyed the college town party atmosphere of Tuscaloosa like no other.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016

I wouldn't be shocked to see more of a pro-set type of coordinator come in. I recall having read that one of our QB prospects said that they came to learn to be a pocket passer more than a dual threat. I need Selma's superpowers to pull up who that was. Jalen or Tua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.