New Offensive Coordinator (OFFICIAL: Sark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I know many have discussed on other threads that if Coach Kiffin leaves Sark is his replacement. I have also heard that it could be we go a different direction than Sark for reasons unknown. I'm curious the names that you guys would throw out there that might coincide with the style of offense we are now running.

Mark Helfrig is an interesting choice because of his background with the spread and development of Mariota but does he fit our style of power plus ball control. I am also leery because ever since Mariota, Oregon seemed to have to look at transfers as their replacement. Makes me wonder about his actual coaching of quarterbacks.

Sark has been in our program for a year now and knows what Saban wants and has also had success with Jake Locker and Keith Price as developing them into good quarterbacks. He also seems like he would have good balance between running and passing. I have only heard through rumors at this point if he could potentially become our next coordinator.

Mike Locksley much like Sark has been in our program and knows what Saban demands. I don't know much more about him outside of him being at Maryland and then coaching at New Mexico.

Please throw out some names that you would like to see us target or not to and why!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Replacement Offensive Coordinator

If we promote from within the program, it would be Locksley or Napier. I doubt we do that other than if needed temporarily.

As far as bringing someone on board, I have no idea - I never would have predicted LK.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I would say if Kiffin couldn't stay on that Napier or Locksley calls plays like CA mentioned about if we hire within. I'd agree with what he said on that too if we promote from within if it's not Sark.

But I have to like Sark at this point and can live with all 3.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

It would be a lateral move, but I think Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma would be worth a look. They don't play much defense nowadays there but their offense is VERY good.

Sterling91

Dec 7, 2016
Alabama

It seems that many people on here think that Sark will not get the nod. Any chance that he would get a promotion to coaching a certain position?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

All the OC hires under Saban have been unpredictable - Applewhite, McElwain, Nussmeir and Kiffin. So who knows..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It seems that many people on here think that Sark will not get the nod. Any chance that he would get a promotion to coaching a certain position?
Doubtful. He's most likely gone just like Kiffin.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007

If Kiffin gets a head coaching position, I think he would ask Sarkisian to be his OC.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Expect the unexpected regarding the person. Expect a similar offensive strategy to what we're doing right now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If Kiffin gets a head coaching position, I think he would ask Sarkisian to be his OC.
Talk about a recipe for disaster. Hide your wives and daughters (and booze).

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Expect the unexpected regarding the person. Expect a similar offensive strategy to what we're doing right now.

But wouldn't Sark be considered a surprise if everyone thinks he is gone?:biggrin:

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

B1GTIDE. unnecessary slur against sarkasian. our coach saban thinks enough about him to bring him this year and give him a second chance. he does have a history of being a sound offensive mind, and I am sure coach was planning on lane leaving when he was brought in.

It would be a lateral move, but I think Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma would be worth a look. They don't play much defense nowadays there but their offense is VERY good.
Big 12 teams though don't play defense either. Could it be that their offense is a direct result of that?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I understand it was a character issue which knocked him out of consideration by UH for HC, so unlikely...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

B1GTIDE. unnecessary slur against sarkasian. our coach saban thinks enough about him to bring him this year and give him a second chance. he does have a history of being a sound offensive mind, and I am sure coach was planning on lane leaving when he was brought in.
Nothing he said was really unnecessary... Mainly because it's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.