2016 AP All-SEC Honors Announced (Alabama Sweep... Again)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

No. 1 Alabama swept the awards on The Associated Press All-Southeastern Conference team announced Thursday.

Freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts was picked as the offensive player of the year, as well as the newcomer of the year. Jonathan Allen took the honor for the top defensive player. Nick Saban was the choice for coach of the year after guiding the Crimson Tide (13-0) to a 54-16 victory over Florida for the SEC title and its third straight appearance in the College Football Playoff.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: 2016 AP All-SEC Honors Announced (Alabama Sweet... Again)

I'd argue our guys that made "second team SEC" could have easily been first team...but you know the SEC has to fight that perception that we run the B'ham office. :wink:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Glad to see R Anderson and J Williams get some recognition. Da'Ron Payne must be the most underrated player in the SEC.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Payne, Averitt had a great season....and Tomlinson gets zero respect or love from media.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Glad to see R Anderson and J Williams get some recognition. Da'Ron Payne must be the most underrated player in the SEC.
Yep! Coach Dunbar tweeted out a picture of Payne yesterday stating he's the most underrated DT in college football.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I'd argue our guys that made "second team SEC" could have easily been first team...but you know the SEC has to fight that perception that we run the B'ham office. :wink:
When no other team wins more than 8 games, and our average victory amount was as high as it was, I don't see how the only argument isn't how we didn't have more guys recognized.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Yep! Coach Dunbar tweeted out a picture of Payne yesterday stating he's the most underrated DT in college football.
He physically dominates the man across him more than any player that I have seen in a while. No finesse - pure power.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Congrats to all. Especially proud of Ryan Anderson for making first team. He's one of my favorites.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.