Peach Bowl Prep Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: CFP Coaches Press Conference Today in Atlanta

Chris Petersen: "Unbelievable challenge playing this great Alabama team and program."
Petersen on Alabama: "They've got really good players and they don't give you anything. They're excellent."
Petersen on Ga. Dome: "Playing inside it's going to be loud any way you cut it, but we've dealt with that all season. It'll be a challenge."

Nick Saban: "It's great to be back representing the University of Alabama. I'm very proud of our players and our coaches."
Nick Saban on Lane Kiffin: As far as I know nothing has been made official. Houston will make an annoncement when its ready to do that.
Saban on QBs: I think they have every intention of finishing the season.
Saban on Lane Kiffin being with team through playoffs: I think he'll want to finish the season with us but I can't speak on it that much.
Saban: “After playing (Clemson) last year, I’m voting for (Watson for Heisman). But I don’t get a vote.”
Saban on success in Georgia Dome: "I don't think any of the success that we've had in the past is gonna have an effect on this next game."
Saban says that he went to California yesterday, and watched Washington tape all the way there and back.'
Saban on Washington quarterback Jake Browning: He's a quarterback that understands his offense really well and executes very well.

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I read that Saban said Marlon is still rehabbing his hamstring injury. I sure hope he is 100% for the game because we certainly will need him!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I read that Saban said Marlon is still rehabbing his hamstring injury. I sure hope he is 100% for the game because we certainly will need him!
Definitely going to need all hands at action stations for that one. Beginning to think Marlon`s injury was a bit more significant than was originally thought/reported.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Definitely going to need all hands at action stations for that one. Beginning to think Marlon`s injury was a bit more significant than was originally thought/reported.
Watch the video around the 9:00 mark. He was specifically asked about Marlon, which is why he's mentioned. Saban said all players with injuries have been rehabbing, though. I'm not reading too much into it. Let's wait and see what we get from the practice report later this week.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The game is 18 days away and I believe Marlon will be fine. Would not spend too much time stressing over this one.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I agree. Outside of something happening at practice, the team should be as healthy as they are going to be by game time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

sometimes hammy's can take a couple, three weeks to recover.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

TY, RTR 91! Been waiting for this thread after the last couple weeks:eek2:

RTR!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I tore mine and it's never been the same. Doubtful his is anywhere near that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have agree. I tore mine running a 10K over 30 years ago. It still cramps fairly easily. It bothered me acutely for several years...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.