Game Thread: ARMY - NAVY - 3:30 P.M. ET. from Baltimore, Maryland on CBS - (Verne's last game)

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Congrats to Army. I don't like any series going that long between wins, but one of the things I used to like about Army-Navy was how the series was always even or nearly so. Navy would win one, then Army would win one. Army wins two in a row, then Navy would even up the series.
I do not like that the series has gotten so unbalanced and hope this is the start not of a long Army wins streak but of the series getting back to being more even.
I like the way our series with Tennessee is going right now.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I will miss Verne. There are some things I didn't like about him. Most notably the way he always mentioned Mark Ingram's father was incarcerated. But overall he did a pretty good job of calling the games.

Congrats to Army. In the end, we are all a band of brothers. But next year...Go Navy!!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
After the crap those two knuckleheads pulled with Payton during the TN game, they deserve to be booed. I'm tired of Verne and say good riddance and wish he was taking Gary with him. Not sure who was getting booed at the SEC championship game as it wasn't clear on TV.[/QUOT

Yeah, unbelievable that they were interviewing Peyton when the game was in Knoxville. :rolleyes:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
During the celebration I saw one of my previous LTs from an military course in the middle of the crowd with his red beret on (82nd guy). He was playing for the point about 2 years ago.

I told him not to get arrested and ruin his young career but enjoy this great victory. I'm getting a TON of very funny but not suitable for this forum text from the drunk west point buddies. There will be many stories for years to come from tonight and this weekend regarding Colonel blank and General so and so.

I wish I was on post tonight instead of visiting friends in Virginia.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
During the celebration I saw one of my previous LTs from an military course in the middle of the crowd with his red beret on (82nd guy). He was playing for the point about 2 years ago.

I told him not to get arrested and ruin his young career but enjoy this great victory. I'm getting a TON of very funny but not suitable for this forum text from the drunk west point buddies. There will be many stories for years to come from tonight and this weekend regarding Colonel blank and General so and so.

I wish I was on post tonight instead of visiting friends in Virginia.
Gotta be near those high brass...they're probably buying out the restaurants/bars tonight. What a time, it had to end sometime.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Gotta be near those high brass...they're probably buying out the restaurants/bars tonight. What a time, it had to end sometime.
In all seriousness, I have no doubt this will be one of the largest celebrations across the world for a single football game. Soldiers in countries across the world are going to tear it down for the next 30 hours.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
In all seriousness, I have no doubt this will be one of the largest celebrations across the world for single football game. Soldiers in countries across the world are going to tear it down for the next 30 hours.
Oh no doubt. Would be interesting to be near any installation right now.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Like Verne or not, it was embarrassing for Tide fans to boo him (before a national TV audience) at the Auburn game. He was a guest in our house and being recognized at his last game at Bryant Denny. Same thing at the SEC Championship where the SEC honorees from Tennessee (Peyton Manning), Auburn, and LSU, were also booed. What has happened to our fan base?
Moo

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
GO ARMY!!! Congrats Black Knights. My dad was going nuts! It's been a while since he got to sing second.

Great battle though and major thanks to both sides on field, in the stands, and on the battlefield. The best of us. Stay safe and know we are constantly supporting and praying for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.