UNA wins - headed to D2 Championship Game

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
UNA just beat undefeated Shepard (WV) in the D2 semifinals 23-13. UNA's only loss was a season opener loss to FCS Jax State (whose only regular season loss was to LSU).

As a Florence native with parents, brother, and many friends as UNA alums, congratulations to the Lions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I'm originally from the Shoals area myself, several family members (including wifey) with UNA degrees/ties. Good to see them on the big stage yet again, good for them!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My Dad played there, I was born in Florence, and came this close to going to school there to play for Mickey Andrews back in the 70's, so I have always liked UNA, or Florence State, as it was named backed then.
Congrats to the Lions(If I'm still correct).
Side note---I didn't sign with them because Coach Andrews literally scared me and two other recruits to death.
He was a pretty scary character.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am also a Florence native and am glad they are doing well. Go Lions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I knew it would be only a matter of time before Coach Wallace got them back to the D2 championship game. If he wins he would have four NCs there. He's recruited well. Gave my youngest brother an opportunity to walk-on. He's kicking himself for not taking it now. He had an academic scholarship so he could walk-on without counting against their limit. He's done with several players from my hometown the last few years.

I wish the game was still in Florence but I understand why they moved it.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...Side note---I didn't sign with them because Coach Andrews literally scared me and two other recruits to death.
He was a pretty scary character.
Wow, I've seen some pretty impressive things in my time but your many years of posting on Tidefans from the grave has got to take the cake!
[emoji3]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I live in St. Florian, north of Florence, and had 2 kids graduate from UNA. I've been a season ticket holder for many years. The 3 straight national championship years back in the 90's was a blast. So glad to see them get back to the big dance. UNA is not too dissimilar to Bama, in they've got a mobile qb who can throw it, plus a nasty defense that hasn't allowed but one td in the 4th qtr all year. It took Coach Wallace 5 yrs after returning to UNA to do get the team back to the championship game against NW Missouri St. It's going to be a tough game for UNA to be victorious, but they have a chance. Roar Lions and RTR!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I know they played with fire in the 2nd half yesterday, I was just waiting for Shepherd to score. They looked good on defense I know that. Just have to cut the turnovers and they'll be fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.