Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A

From his profile on Scout, it sounds just as likely that he'll play basketball instead of football. I just hope he does choose to participate in some form of athletics at UA. How's his putting?

2. Advertisement
    Wait, I thought it didn't matter if a player was going to school on another schollie - if they play football it counts against your 85.

Anyone to clarify?
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team
    It wouldn't be a scholarship, just a baseball team footing his education bill. He would only count against the 105 roster limit.

Quote Originally Posted by pike
    It wouldn't be a scholarship, just a baseball team footing his education bill. He would only count against the 105 roster limit.
    Oh, sorry, total brain fart....
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Second Team
    Quote Originally Posted by pike
    I thought that if you were a "recruited walk-on" you were counted against the 85 even if you were not on scholarship. We did recruit him at one point so one would think...

BamaNation All-American Bama-94-00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio
    Wait, I thought it didn't matter if a player was going to school on another schollie - if they play football it counts against your 85.
    That's true. A scholy player that plays football counts against FB scholy limits. They have a smilar rule for basketball too.

BamaNation All-American Bama-94-00's Avatar

Recuited walk-on

Quote Originally Posted by Willis
    I thought that if you were a "recruited walk-on" you were counted against the 85 even if you were not on scholarship. ..
    The recruited part only applies to finincial aid such as the Bryant Scholarship. A recruited player on the Bryant scholarship must sit out 2 years before playing. A non-recruited player does not have to wait.

This article covers this issue.
    http://alabama.scout.com/2/226526.html

BamaNation Second Team

ThumbsUp

this statement sums it all up;
    “If a walk-on athlete pays his own way entirely and receives no institutional aid, it would not matter if he is deemed ‘recruited’ or ‘not recruited,’” King said. “This individual would have no impact on UA's scholarship numbers.”

Thanks for the link

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    I remember him being part of the mass exodous of good players that left the state that year.

So far under shula we have signed a number of these "thought I was getting rich playing baseball but got reemed" kids, and not one has panned out for squat, however I see no reason to stop trying since it doesn't really cost us anything.
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-American

Jai Miller

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer
    I remember him being part of the mass exodous of good players that left the state that year.

So far under shula we have signed a number of these "thought I was getting rich playing baseball but got reemed" kids, and not one has panned out for squat, however I see no reason to stop trying since it doesn't really cost us anything.
    I remember his HS recruiting well.......he was rumored to be a Bama lean,and then pulled the"now very old" hat trick and swapped his Bama hat for a Stanford one! I will admit I actually was glad he then signed a Baseball contract! He was a QB in HS,but was projected to be a WR.I have heard he is on campus at T Town,but have yet to hear of any intent to play ball.He could help us out in Basketball or Football for sure b/c he is a good athlete.To be honest, we are ok at wr so I would love to see him give the ole round ball a try.
    Last edited by drjamesm; February 8th, 2006 at 10:34 PM. Reason: grammer
    drjamesm

Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Mitch Dobbs at BamaMag says Miller is not in school at UA and is still playing baseball.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

BamaNation Second Team RollTider's Avatar
    Hey guys,

Not sure if Jai is here on campus, but as of right now he is not enrolled at UA. Actually saw that he was on Facebook for UA, but sent him a message on there and he said he wasn't enrolled.

BamaNation Second Team bama_brannon's Avatar

Re: Jai Miller (MERGED THREADS)

Sooooo. Was this thread six years too soon?