My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jai Miller (MERGED THREADS)

Lol
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement

Re: Jai Miller (MERGED THREADS)

Quote Originally Posted by bama_brannon View Post
    Sooooo. Was this thread six years too soon?
    Maybe it's the time, maybe it's the week, maybe it's the wine, but I'm in stitches right now. Thank you for that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Sooo he's what 27? What position did he play?

BamaNation Scout Team

My son played baseball with Jai Miller at Southeastern League Baseball in Montgomery, AL. Jai was in the back seat of a vehicle driven by his mother. His grandmother was in the front passenger seat and Jai was in the back when they had a horrific accident at the Taylor Road exit in Montgomery when Jai was 17. He lost both his mom and grandmother. He moved to Selma to live with his Uncle and played football and baseball in Selma. If you google "Jai Miller" you can learn about his past, and how he met with Nick Saban three months ago and wants to play for BAMA. Interesting stuff. He's a good kid.

Quote Originally Posted by flaherty View Post
    My son played baseball with Jai Miller at Southeastern League Baseball in Montgomery, AL. Jai was in the back seat of a vehicle driven by his mother. His grandmother was in the front passenger seat and Jai was in the back when they had a horrific accident at the Taylor Road exit in Montgomery when Jai was 17. He lost both his mom and grandmother. He moved to Selma to live with his Uncle and played football and baseball in Selma. If you google "Jai Miller" you can learn about his past, and how he met with Nick Saban three months ago and wants to play for BAMA. Interesting stuff. He's a good kid.
    "Kris" , I remember your earlier years and am certain we have quite a number of mutual friends and acquaintances . And thanks for the refresher on the accident as my recollection was fading . My former step-brother had played football and basketball with Jai prior to that event .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I read an article by redfish a few months ago mentioning this. Is he looking to walk on or is CNS going to be offereing a scholarship?
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by flaherty View Post
    I think Jai was 13 when the accident happened. He was a student at Booker T. Washington Jr. High when it happened. I remember reading this board when Jai announced he was going to Stanford. He was called everything, but a child of God.

Talk about a freak athlete. I looked at his rivals page and ended up on the basketball one. Under similar point guards they listed Chris Paul. He made the majors and people say that was his third best sport.

It's hard to imagine someone coming into a better situation though. He's an amazing athlete and couldn't find better coaches than Alabama. Of course I'd love to have him, with playoffs looming and the like, depth is rather important, and he's coming into his peak as an athlete.
    Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Is he looking to walk on or is CNS going to be offereing a scholarship?
    I believe there would be no point to offering a scholarship. It's believed MLB will pay for his education.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...r-car-accident

Each time Orioles outfielder Jai Miller crosses the plate after hitting a home run, his eyes turn upward and both of his hands point to the sky.

It's a routine he's been doing since he was a teenager, one of many ways he tries to honor his mother and grandmother, both of whom he watched die in a car accident when he was 13 years old.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMTA06 View Post
    I think Jai was 13 when the accident happened. He was a student at Booker T. Washington Jr. High when it happened. I remember reading this board when Jai announced he was going to Stanford. He was called everything, but a child of God.
    I don't remember that. Going to look for the thread.
    RIP Hub