Jai Miller (MERGED THREADS)

Willis

3rd Team
Sep 9, 2005
this statement sums it all up;
“If a walk-on athlete pays his own way entirely and receives no institutional aid, it would not matter if he is deemed ‘recruited’ or ‘not recruited,’” King said. “This individual would have no impact on UA's scholarship numbers.”

Thanks for the link

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I remember him being part of the mass exodous of good players that left the state that year.

So far under shula we have signed a number of these "thought I was getting rich playing baseball but got reemed" kids, and not one has panned out for squat, however I see no reason to stop trying since it doesn't really cost us anything.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
Jai Miller

bamaslammer said:
I remember him being part of the mass exodous of good players that left the state that year.

So far under shula we have signed a number of these "thought I was getting rich playing baseball but got reemed" kids, and not one has panned out for squat, however I see no reason to stop trying since it doesn't really cost us anything.
I remember his HS recruiting well.......he was rumored to be a Bama lean,and then pulled the"now very old" hat trick and swapped his Bama hat for a Stanford one! I will admit I actually was glad he then signed a Baseball contract! He was a QB in HS,but was projected to be a WR.I have heard he is on campus at T Town,but have yet to hear of any intent to play ball.He could help us out in Basketball or Football for sure b/c he is a good athlete.To be honest, we are ok at wr so I would love to see him give the ole round ball a try.

Last edited:

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Mitch Dobbs at BamaMag says Miller is not in school at UA and is still playing baseball.

RollTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 11, 2000
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys,

Not sure if Jai is here on campus, but as of right now he is not enrolled at UA. Actually saw that he was on Facebook for UA, but sent him a message on there and he said he wasn't enrolled.

My son played baseball with Jai Miller at Southeastern League Baseball in Montgomery, AL. Jai was in the back seat of a vehicle driven by his mother. His grandmother was in the front passenger seat and Jai was in the back when they had a horrific accident at the Taylor Road exit in Montgomery when Jai was 17. He lost both his mom and grandmother. He moved to Selma to live with his Uncle and played football and baseball in Selma. If you google "Jai Miller" you can learn about his past, and how he met with Nick Saban three months ago and wants to play for BAMA. Interesting stuff. He's a good kid.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
My son played baseball with Jai Miller at Southeastern League Baseball in Montgomery, AL. Jai was in the back seat of a vehicle driven by his mother. His grandmother was in the front passenger seat and Jai was in the back when they had a horrific accident at the Taylor Road exit in Montgomery when Jai was 17. He lost both his mom and grandmother. He moved to Selma to live with his Uncle and played football and baseball in Selma. If you google "Jai Miller" you can learn about his past, and how he met with Nick Saban three months ago and wants to play for BAMA. Interesting stuff. He's a good kid.
"Kris" , I remember your earlier years and am certain we have quite a number of mutual friends and acquaintances . And thanks for the refresher on the accident as my recollection was fading . My former step-brother had played football and basketball with Jai prior to that event .

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I think Jai was 13 when the accident happened. He was a student at Booker T. Washington Jr. High when it happened. I remember reading this board when Jai announced he was going to Stanford. He was called everything, but a child of God.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Talk about a freak athlete. I looked at his rivals page and ended up on the basketball one. Under similar point guards they listed Chris Paul. He made the majors and people say that was his third best sport.

It's hard to imagine someone coming into a better situation though. He's an amazing athlete and couldn't find better coaches than Alabama. Of course I'd love to have him, with playoffs looming and the like, depth is rather important, and he's coming into his peak as an athlete.
Is he looking to walk on or is CNS going to be offereing a scholarship?
I believe there would be no point to offering a scholarship. It's believed MLB will pay for his education.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I think Jai was 13 when the accident happened. He was a student at Booker T. Washington Jr. High when it happened. I remember reading this board when Jai announced he was going to Stanford. He was called everything, but a child of God.
I don't remember that. Going to look for the thread.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.