Patrick Hanrahan?

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I was wondering if anyone had info on this guy. He walked-on last season I believe in the Class of 2005. Scout.com shows his as a committ in their database from that year. He's a fullback and I was wondering if he'll play into plans at FB in 2007. Is he on campus? I can't find him on any roster.

crimsoncolored

1st Team
Jul 7, 2005
Maylene, AL
During the season there was some discussion if he was enrolled or going to grayshirt, so I know some one will have an answer on him. Hopefully Ryan Morrow and him will give us some depth at fullback.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
I think Hanrahan is an urban legend. ;)

I have never heard from someone who has seen him practicing with the team, or working out with them. He has not been mentioned by any of the coaches. Until he shows up somewhere as being officially connected to the team, I won't hold out hope for him to contribute.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
I would not go so far to label him as an urban legend

GrandBayTider said:
I think Hanrahan is an urban legend. ;)

I have never heard from someone who has seen him practicing with the team, or working out with them. He has not been mentioned by any of the coaches. Until he shows up somewhere as being officially connected to the team, I won't hold out hope for him to contribute.
I think he is a Byrant schollie b/c his Dad played at Bama,and if so he is not elig. to play for 2 years without it counting towards a reg. schollie.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
But don't the Bryant Schollies still get to practice with the team? The safety we signed that had to give up football due to injuries was on a Bryant Schollie and he was hurt practicing with the team. (I can't think of his name right now.) I have never seen Patrick mentioned as practicing with the team so that is why I'm skeptical. I hope I'm wrong and he will be able to provide depth at FB but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
If he had to get his grades up, it wouldn't matter really if he could get a scholly or not. Maybe and hopefully that is what it is and he greyshirted. But, if he greyshirted last year, wouldn't it be counted towards a commit this year, of course without counting towards schollies, like Ford and Stover?

RTR

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I do not believe he has enrolled with the school, yet. Supposedly, he was to be here already. I have never heard anything to say he was. In fact, as I said several months ago, until we hear him confirmed with the staff, I'm not saying he is here.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
P H

runtheoption22 said:
I do not believe he has enrolled with the school, yet. Supposedly, he was to be here already. I have never heard anything to say he was. In fact, as I said several months ago, until we hear him confirmed with the staff, I'm not saying he is here.
I must say I've heard nothing about him at practice either......maybe he has opted for late enrollment or just is not going out for Football. If he is an Byrant schollie he may just be getting an education.I guess someone will eventually post some information such as terryP or such. I suppose we will just wonder and ponder on it until then guy's. ;)

ZRossUA

Scout Team
Aug 31, 2004
Hanrahan has to be enrolled at Alabama, because he was on the intramural basketball team that my team played last week. He was as strong as an ox.

gpmmp75

Suspended
Aug 3, 2005
Hanrahan, an ox that can hopefully block.

What size was he? Have heard from some that he is in the 240 range and we will see him in spring. Know all his honors in highschool came on the defensive side of the ball. Also was told Ryan Morrow has gone back to Utah.

Atlantatide

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 7, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
I read not too long ago, that he is a invited walk-on, enrolled in school this semester and participating in off season workouts. I guess we'll know for sure when they publish the spring roster.

Roll Tide

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Does anyone know why Morrow left the team to go back to Utah. Was it because of the depth. HE certainly would have been in the roatation in 2007 as Tim and LeRon leave in December. I was just curious. Patrick and Ryan plus a couple of recruits would have battled it out for that position.

ZRossUA

Scout Team
Aug 31, 2004
Yeah he is around 6'1 235 or 240. He is a pretty decent basketball player to be so short. We couldn't do much with him in the post. I know that doesn't mean much in regards to football, but he does look like a capable athlete. I just wanted to let everyone know that he is here.

rolltide8755

All-SEC
Oct 19, 2005
Tuscaloosa
HuntsvilleTider said:
So, if he's "apart" then he is gone, right? :biggrin: :wink:

wow. i had to read over what you wrote and what i wrote about 5 times to get what you meant. but yes, you are correct. "no longer apart" is like a double negative. i should have said "he is no longer PART"

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Being fluent in Southern, I understood exactly what you meant. Sort of like... I'hm acomin or I'hm agoin. :biggrin:

gpmmp75

Suspended
Aug 3, 2005
An Ox Thanks ZRossUA

Also, heard from a few players he is as strong as any of our backs and the fact he can play hoops doesn't hurt. Been told he has great hands and loves contact and to hit. So, we will see in spring. His video on Scout is impressive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.