Logan Young found dead in home in Memphis

TideRoller

Banned
Sep 20, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
TexasBammer said:
Man, this is a stinkin' soap opera.

Here comes the bad press again.
Who cares? The man was brutally murdered in his own home. I think the "bad press" it may bring UA should be of little concern. Some people may talk about the NCAA sanctions...so what?

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
TideRoller said:
Who cares? The man was brutally murdered in his own home. I think the "bad press" it may bring UA should be of little concern. Some people may talk about the NCAA sanctions...so what?
Exactly! A man was brutally killed, and what he did in the past is just that, the past! Logan hurt and helped The University over the years, but no matter what he loved The University as much as the rest of us. And we should be morning his life right now not talking about what bad press this will cause The University.

:biga2:

gomerpyle

Suspended
Jun 17, 2004
bamabound2006 said:
Exactly! A man was brutally killed, and what he did in the past is just that, the past! Logan hurt and helped The University over the years, but no matter what he loved The University as much as the rest of us. And we should be morning his life right now not talking about what bad press this will cause The University.

Wise beyond her years, this young lady is! (Counting down the days to fall semester, bamabound? :) )

I certainly understand the frustration over the fact that people would use his death as an excuse to bad-mouth UA. But, the real shame of that is not any effect on our reputation; it is simply that people would sink so low as to exploit a brutally murdered man in such a crude manner.

Spark004

REGISTRATION ON HOLD - CHECK EMAIL
May 1, 2005
Inside scoop-from logan Youngs neighbor

My girlfriends parents live in the same neighborhood(Chickisaw gardens) as logan young and the story is that youngs son who lived in the guest house is in custody. Her aunt says she cant get in her own driveway due to the crime scene. The story has it from there is that he was beat to death. she said the housekeeper found him sometime this morning. Also she said they had to idenify him through his dental records because it was so bad. What a horrible story. One last thing a friend of the family who knew logans son said that logan was about to kick his son out of the house because the trouble he has been getting into. Word has it that logans son just got released from jail just a few days ago. Thats the scoop from her family who are literally yards away from what happened.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I just can't see how anyone could brutally beat their father, or anyone for that matter, but especially their father to death. Regardless of what kind of addictions/demons you may have. What a hell of a way to lose your life.

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
I hate to speculate too soon, but wouldn't it be crazy if someone involved with UT actually did this, or ordered it to be done? For instance, if Logan had some evidence that would prove wrongdoings at UT or would prove he was set up or something of that nature, there would be plenty of motive right there to shut him up. I know it's a stretch, but if something like that did happen, it would probably be one of, if not the biggest sports scandal in the history of all sports, not just college football. We can all sit here and say that we wouldn't do it, but if it happened, everyone of us would more than likely be tuned into the Finebaum show each day to get the latest scoop. As much as I hate Finebaum, we all know a scandal like that would have Slimey licking his chops.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Logan Young - By: Kirk McNair

Logan Young
There has been much speculation today over the death of Logan Young in his Memphis home. I’m not going to join in that because I expect facts to be released in a timely matter. I am very sorry that Logan’s life ended this way. In many ways he lived a very good life, one that few could imagine, much less duplicate. But he also had many sadnesses.

I first met Logan Young in the early 1970s, when I was in Alabama’s sports information office. Logan was a good friend of Coach Paul Bryant, but was much closer to me in age and we were friends from the first day we met.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It would be amazing...

if anyone connected with UT had anything to do with it. The police are saying that dental records and fingerprints will be needed for positive identification. That's a crime of passion way over any aroused by college football. TBF, women are usually the victims of this degree of violence, as opposed to adult males. In any case, usually the perpetrator is either a pervert, who gets his rocks off violent death (once again, victim usually women or immature males, perpetrator adult male) or someone very close to the victim. There's an old police adage - "Look at the inlaws before you look at the outlaws..."

Last edited:

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
Well A Lot Of People Are Saying Logan III Probably Did It, And When I Told My Dad That They Were Questioning Logan III His Response Was "Why Would He Murder His Father And Lose His Inheritence?" To Me That Is A Very Good Argument We All Knew Logan Jr Was Ill, Why Would His Son Kill Him Because He Should Know If He Did He Wouldn't Get Any Money....Just Some Food For Thought...But Time Will Tell Who Was Behind All Of This...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As I've just stated...

it was obviously a crime of passion. People involved in such seldom stop to think through the consequences, particularly if high from something or another. Or, the son (or another beneficiary expecting an inheritance) could have already been disinherited and enraged by that fact. Just empty speculation at this point. The facts will come out slowly...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.