Logan Young found dead in home in Memphis

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
BAMAJD323 said:
This is DISGUSTING!!

:frown: I am horrified by the callousness and insensitivity of some of the people on this board. This man died a horrible death and all you can think to do is make jokes and try to implicate UT for it. Unbelievable. Please, have some compassion and class and try to remember the family and friends during this time. I hope that Mr. Young was right with our Lord, and that he is in paradise. Everyone should say a prayer for Mr. Logan and LYIII. Also, pray for who ever is responsible for this. They are obviously a very sick person(s) and need help.May God Bless you all.
. . . you should check out gridscape for some perspective

BAMAJD323

Scout Team
Feb 4, 2006
Chelsea, AL
Jack Bourbon said:
. . . you should check out gridscape for some perspective

What Perspective? The fact remains that this man died! Idon't really care what the rest of the SEC is saying. Maybe we should all get some perspective of what is really important>

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Yeah I heard that also , how in world can it not be a homicide?I know the talk host was probably kidding about it but he said something about falling down the stairs.I think the cops have totally messed this one up.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
After all this, are we to find his stint is the cause of all the blood found and that he simply died as a result of it's failure.

Commerical Appeal

Now, don't you UT accusers feel a little out of sorts?

This is a fine example of what happens when backseat drivers get involved with facts of a case.

I sure as hell do not want to be judged by public opinion, it's a certain death sentence.

I can see it coming already, this change of cause of death is Phillip Fulmer and et al, covering up the murder. OMG.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Autopsy results on Young still pending; Police will hold press conference today to talk about investigation
Memphis police have called a 1 p.m. news conference to discuss the “death investigation” of former Memphis businessman and Alabama booster Logan Young Jr.

Memphis Police Department Director Larry Godwin will talk about the investigation at the downtown headquarters.
Analysis: Former booster 'had many sides’
Most University of Alabama football fans know the story of the Crimson Tide’s 1954 Cotton Bowl, where fullback Tommy Lewis left the bench during the middle of a play and drilled Rice’s ball carrier. Lewis covered his head with a towel as fans booed and later explained, “I’m just too full of ’Bama."

Perhaps former booster Logan Young Jr. also knew that feeling.

Possibly the most controversial figure in Alabama sports history, the 65-year-old was found dead Tuesday morning in his home, and his gruesome death sent shock waves through both the local community and college football world.
Son questioned, denies role in Bama booster's death
Police backed off calling the death of an Alabama football booster a homicide Wednesday, a day after investigators said he died in a fierce, bloody struggle.

A police statement referred to a continuing "death investigation" and said a ruling from the medical examiner into the cause and manner of death was pending.

The statement did not explain the change or whether investigators were considering possibilities other than murder. A police spokesman did not return a call Wednesday night.
New Information: Memphis Millionaire Murdered
When news first broke about Logan Young's murder Tuesday, police immediately called the case a murder mystery. Now, 24 hours later, they are "officially" calling the case a "death investigation"

Police say investigators are waiting for the medical examiners ruling before detectives can call it a murder or start talking about charges in the case.

Young's son, Logan Young III, was the focus of a lot of speculation Tuesday. Police say he was questioned and released but is not a suspect.

Last edited:

goodnightjonboy

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2005
Spanish Fortish, AL
Does that statement about being too full of Bama imply suicide? Usually those who commit suicide leave signs. Maybe a note, or maybe they mentioned it haphazardly in conversation with someone. I hope the investigators don't blow this, no matter what the cause/blame. It doesn't matter if it's someone famous or not, this should be treated with caution and with purpose. I hope they solve this, and soon.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
Tideroller...

It would very simple to explain. If LY lay for hours after bleeding a lot of blood, the blood would be dried. Doesn't take a detective to figure that one out.

If he put his blood covered hands on his face and the blood dried, it would appear that his face was badly damaged.

But, I don't have to prove anything, I am just using what is in the press to make a few observations and come to my own conculsions, just like everybody else.

My bet would have been the son. But, after he meet with detectives and was released, it would seem he did not have cuts, etc. that would lead to him being in a fight and/or other information that would lead to him not being a prime suspect any longer. Otherwise, why was he not charged?

Maybe we just got misinformation to begin with and has lead to crime of passion thoughts as well as other thoughts. Now, If he was beaten badly, I would think it is someone he knows, but if in fact the dried blood made some dufus jump to a conclusion after brefly seeing the face and scene, then that does seem to indicate a stupid cop.

So, we continue to speculate what might have been based on very little information from authorities.

But, to say it was a UT coach, fan, etc., etc. is quite out on a limb IMO.

The bottom line, if you have ever had a stint put in or know of someone who has, they must sign a form acknowledging the dangers of what can go wrong. Not that you don't sign those forms for a lot of things, but it does indicate the dangers of those stints.

If you got dizzy and fell just right, you could rip it out and blood would flow.

Until we get all the info., all we can do is speculate. Then all we will have to say is, did we get all the info.?

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
I'm only 17 so I didn't really follow the probation/paying off/investigation that went on. This is the first I had heard of the robbery and stealing of files about the case. Maybe call me a conspiracy theorist, but doesn't that seem suspicious? I believe that Fulmer said he had some evidence but didn't really have any. Does the NCAA seem a bit suspicious in the theft of documents case? I just think that that alone and the fact that there was no real investigation into the robbery looks suspicioius.

RTR

TideRoller

Banned
Sep 20, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
I don't buy that dried blood would be the culprit behind the identification of a subject. Homicide detectives frequently deal with much worse circumstances when identifying a body.

The bottom line is that someone with the Memphis PD messed up in releasing the initial information about LY's death. It was the PD that initially characterized his death as the result of a "brutal attack."

Should be an interesting press conference...

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
So, I guess you have seen the crime scene, if there is one. I would also bet, you would believe anything that is in print, on the tube, and the fact that the good ole USA government has never used misinformation to gain support from the public.

I can assure you that my thoughts on all this are just as valid as any other. There is still just not enough infomation.

I say we demand to get a look see!

"He has time to bleed all over the house but not call 911???Puulease..."

Come on, believe it!

Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

TideRoller

Banned
Sep 20, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
briancm said:
So, I guess you have seen the crime scene, if there is one. I would also bet, you would believe anything that is in print, on the tube, and the fact that the good ole USA government has never used misinformation to gain support from the public.

I can assure you that my thoughts on all this are just as valid as any other. There is still just not enough

"He has time to bleed all over the house but not call 911???Puulease..."

Stranger things have happened.
No one has questioned your right to have a thought. My only questions concern the Memphis PD's handling of the initial press conferences. Calm down...

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Bamaro said:
I seem to remember something awhile ago about one of the lawyers involved in the trial that was found beaten up. Can someone refresh my memory?
On May 7, 2004 Philip Shanks III of Shanks & Associates in Memphis was attacked as he entered his law office in Memphis. Shanks was assisting Tommy Gallion in the Cottrell/Williams lawsuit against the NCAA. He was left badly beaten and unconscious. About 90 pounds of documents relating to the Cottrell/Williams case were stolen. No one was ever charged in the case.

Lawyer involved in NCAA lawsuit found beaten

goodnightjonboy

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2005
Spanish Fortish, AL
Have they ever released an approximate time of death? If he had not been deceased for very long, the blood wouldn't have had time to dry. Lots of blood, lots of time. When blood pools it kind of coagulates first anyway. I just wandered if they had released a time of death.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.