Logan Young found dead in home in Memphis

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Police now are calling this death an accident.

per ESPN.com (click here)

How the official line switches from brutal beating to an accident in 48 hours is beyond me.

briancm

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2003
Sheffield, AL USA
Tideroller...

I do agree that the Memphis PD botched the start of this one. They are flipping and flopping all over the place.

I'm chillin.

But, you got to admit, I had some posters thinking I was serious about the dried blood theroy. Got ya!

I've got another one, the maid did it and tired to pin it on the son!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
briancm said:
Maybe we just got misinformation to begin with and has lead to crime of passion thoughts as well as other thoughts. Now, If he was beaten badly, I would think it is someone he knows, but if in fact the dried blood made some dufus jump to a conclusion after brefly seeing the face and scene, then that does seem to indicate a stupid cop.
Stupid cop? In Memphis???? Boy, now you're really stretching it! :D :biggrin2:

nivekstan

1st Team
Dec 9, 2005
Rising Fawn, GA
goodnightjonboy said:
Have they ever released an approximate time of death? If he had not been deceased for very long, the blood wouldn't have had time to dry. Lots of blood, lots of time. When blood pools it kind of coagulates first anyway. I just wandered if they had released a time of death.
in one of the first articles i read about this they estimated the time of death at around 3 hrs. before the housekeeper found him at 8:45.

goodnightjonboy

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2005
Spanish Fortish, AL
Yes briancm, that was a very good one. It seems like the perfect time to make light of someone's demise considering there is a lot of contraversy surrounding this case. I say that he was in such a drunken stupor over the recent death of Coach Bryant that he actually purposefully banged his head on the metal staircase and threw himself down the stairs. Nice. You can be classier than that.

gomerpyle

Suspended
Jun 17, 2004
New sitcom

CSI: Memphis.

Can't claim credit for that one -- heard it from a co-worker.

Could have told you -- from personal experience -- that Memphis is the last place in America where you want to be the victim of an auto theft. Apparently one can now say the same about murder.

TideFaninFl

1st Team
Jul 26, 2003
Merritt Island, FL, USA
briancm said:
After all this, are we to find his stint is the cause of all the blood found and that he simply died as a result of it's failure.

Commerical Appeal

Now, don't you UT accusers feel a little out of sorts?

This is a fine example of what happens when backseat drivers get involved with facts of a case.

I sure as hell do not want to be judged by public opinion, it's a certain death sentence.

I can see it coming already, this change of cause of death is Phillip Fulmer and et al, covering up the murder. OMG.

ROTFALOL>... that paper is second only to the AJC for the "truth", only as they want it to be.....lol

gomerpyle

Suspended
Jun 17, 2004
This just in ...

The Memphis Police Department has decided that Dr. King was not assassinated after all; actually, he just bled to death after he cut himself shaving in his hotel bathroom.

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
Let it go. I know, we all care because as misguided as some of his actions MAY HAVE BEEN, Mr. Young loved Alabama as we do.

I have worked with police departments across the southeastern U.S., and I am sure that the Memphis Police Department did an execellent job on this case.

While I remain sure that my simple post will not calm the fears of some sort of conspiracy or whatever, I do want to remind everyone that while there were questions about Mr. Young in the sanctions levied against the University of Alabama, Mr. Young remained an avid supporter and fan of the University of Alabama.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Young's death ruled accidental
The death of former Memphis businessman and Alabama booster Logan Young Jr. was declared an accident by the Memphis Police Department on Wednesday.

Speaking at an afternoon news conference, Memphis Police Department Director Larry Godwin disclosed that information — and that Young died from head injuries from a fall — after over 48 hours of intense scrutiny and conflicting reports from police both at Young’s home and at news conferences.

gomerpyle

Suspended
Jun 17, 2004
wisten said:
Let it go. I know, we all care because as misguided as some of his actions MAY HAVE BEEN, Mr. Young loved Alabama as we do.

I have worked with police departments across the southeastern U.S., and I am sure that the Memphis Police Department did an execellent job on this case.

While I remain sure that my simple post will not calm the fears of some sort of conspiracy or whatever, I do want to remind everyone that while there were questions about Mr. Young in the sanctions levied against the University of Alabama, Mr. Young remained an avid supporter and fan of the University of Alabama.
And *I* have dealt with the Memphis Police Department, and can tell you that they are pathetic. I am not taking sides on the conspiracy angle, but I am taking sides on the "trust me, I've worked with 'em and they're great" angle. They may very well have been great when you dealt with them, but they were positively awful on the occasions that my wife and I dealt with them.

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
goodnightjonboy said:
Yes briancm, that was a very good one. It seems like the perfect time to make light of someone's demise considering there is a lot of contraversy surrounding this case. I say that he was in such a drunken stupor over the recent death of Coach Bryant that he actually purposefully banged his head on the metal staircase and threw himself down the stairs. Nice. You can be classier than that.
Thanks for saying something. If nobody else did I was about to. I hate when people try to make jokes at times when someone has just died and we still don't really know if it was accidental, a murder, or possibly a conspiracy.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Crimson Surfer said:
"Kirk says he and Lang believe Young may have been killed because he was going to expose something within the SEC."

Now, obviously, we all know that Kirk has told several variations on his original story. So, knowing that, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

However, why would he even intimate a comment like that unless he knows what some of the skeletons are lying around in several people's closets?? :confused:

I still can't believe that this has not been scripted for a movie yet. Maybe it's because people don't think we've reached the end of the story yet???

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Shanks says he's baffled by latest police statement
Memphis attorney Philip Shanks expressed shock over the Memphis police's announcement that his friend, Logan Young Jr., died from an accidental fall.

"I'm baffled by what's gone on today," Shanks said Thursday. "Some of Logan's friends got together at one of Logan's favorite places last night to lift a glass in his honor. It turned into a planning session for what we could do if the police came in with what we'd heard would be their verdict, this accident story.

"We came to the sad conclusion there was nothing we could do. We're not going to have access to the evidence."
Police say Young died in accident
Two days after saying former University of Alabama football booster Logan Young was the victim of an apparently brutal murder, Memphis police on Thursday reversed themselves and said his death was accidental.

But Memphis attorney Phillip Shanks, a close friend of Young's, said he doesn't believe the police findings.

"This is most bizarre," said Shanks, who pointed out that there hasn't been sufficient time for DNA analysis of the scene of Young's death.
Finebaum Interview 04/13: Philip Shanks - Logan Young's death (Audio)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.