You Make the Call - I'm Back, Baby!

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
OK, here goes for another HS football season. I will post a YMTC on Tuesday morning, let everyone discuss it, and post the answer on Wednesday.

Let's start out with one that's not hard:

Prior to the a game, both teams wait for the other team to go on the field first. What should the referee do?

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
I think you had this one last year, but I still don't recall! I think the ref goes to the home team's coach and warns him that if he doesn't get his team out there within a specified time that his team will be penalized delay of game. I can't remember, what if the home team coach still refuses?

4DaTIDE

Suspended
Jul 25, 2000
OK, here goes for another HS football season. I will post a YMTC on Tuesday morning, let everyone discuss it, and post the answer on Wednesday.

Let's start out with one that's not hard:

Prior to the a game, both teams wait for the other team to go on the field first. What should the referee do?
Depends on several things:

Is it REALLY cold? Raining? Going to be a boring game? Is there anything good on TV at home?

If the answer to any of these is "yes" I say call the game a loss for both sides, go home and crack open a bottle of Maker's Mark and watch the replay of last year's Alabama-Florida game. :)

Seriously, just a guess, but I would think that one or the other would have to take the field, maybe the home team, or risk a delay of game penalty or if refusing after that, a forfeit???

4Da

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.