What is Auburn's mascot?

ncbama

Suspended
Jun 1, 2003
Albemarle NC
In my lifetime (68 years) I am familiar with Plainsmen, Tigers and War Eagles.
Just WHO IS Auburn? Is there an official mascot?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I remember during the "Tangerine Bowl" several years ago Brent Musburger referring to au as the "Eagles".. I'm not sure if this was Barfield or Dye coaching at the time. :biggrin2:

BroadwayJoe

Sep 15, 2006
i'm not trying to be a jerk at all. just need to clarify myself. we yell roll tide but have an elephant on everything. just making an observation. plus, isn't this a football board?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
i'm not trying to be a jerk at all. just need to clarify myself. we yell roll tide but have an elephant on everything. just making an observation. plus, isn't this a football board?
I feel that's a valid observation indeed. But you know, I'm eternally grateful we're not nicknamed after a bird or some common species of cat..:biggrin2:

BroadwayJoe

Sep 15, 2006
it's really weird that the two biggest universities in the state have "two" mascots. are there many other schools in the us that have the same thing?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Bama has but one mascot -- the Elephant. Its nickname is The Crimson Tide. It's yell is Roll Tide Roll.

Now as to the country cousins of Lee County .... Hmmmmm. Have come to the conclusion the Barn has multiple personality disorder -- one moment its an eagle, then a tiger, then a plainsman. Medication and years of therapy can help in most cases but then others are a lost cause.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Mascot ....... EARS !!!:eek2:

Cheer ....... COUGH , COUGH !!!:eek:

Roll Tide Roll !!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Only 5 schools have 2 official nicknames.
1.Virginia (wahoos,cavaliers)
2. Georgia Tech ( ramblin` wreck, yellow jackets)
3. Virginia Tech (gobblers, hokies)
4. Hofstra (flying dutchmen, the pride)
5. Yale ( bulldogs, elis )

Can anyone name the two teams that have three official nicknames?

Last edited:

Latest threads