Strange plays this season

ref

Jun 24, 2006
Fellow officials,
It just may be my luck but I have had some of the strangest plays this year than I have had in a long time.

I actually had one of my side guys call tripping tonight.

I had a JV game this week with not 1 but 2 passes thrown and caught by linemen.

Are any of the rest of you having strange plays?

Roll Tide - Beat the Gators.

Jim Morris

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Athens,AL
ps.tidefans.com
Since Arkansas ran the waterbucket on Bama, I've had a middle school and JV game in which it was ran. In the middle school game it was ran about 5 times and never worked b/c the quarterback couldn't pass it 40 yards across the field.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I had the waterbucket play in a middle school game the week after the Alabama-Arkansas game as well. The only problem was that the team that tried to run it only had one player (the snapper) on the line and we flagged them for an illegal formation.

What I have been suprised by this year is the number of ejections. Crews that I have been on have ejected five players and one coach this year in five different games.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
This isn't really a strange play but it is an unusual situation that came up in a game last night. Holy Spirit was leading R C Hatch 36-20 in the 3rd quarter when the lights went out. They could not get them back on so the game was suspended until this afternoon. I am glad that I did not have that game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.