dabaxter's coaches Thread

dabaxter

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004
Re: Official Jerry Moore Thread

I do too, but it looks like they've blown it and ignored him too long. It looks to be too late.

Kodiak

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 27, 2006
Anniston, Alabama, United States

if winning, no matter to what level of competition, is all we are looking for, we should hire danny horn. he has coached clay county high school to 7 state championships in 3 different classifications (1a-3a). maybe he deserves an official thread. afterall, he's a proven winner. some of these candidates are getting rediculous. when the pride of the university of alabama has fallen to such depths as jerry moore, it is a sad day.

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005

I do too, but it looks like they've blown it and ignored him too long. It looks to be too late.
Just because Paul Johnson is in a contract, does not mean that we've blown it. Do you think any head coach that we go after is not going to be under a contract? We would just pay his buyout and he would be Bama bound if he wants the job.

BAMAFAN61

Scout Team
Dec 7, 2000

Jerry Moore is a great coach and he has done great in the 18 years he has coached at Appalachian State. However, I go to church with Jerry Moore and I doubt that he will leave Boone. He loves it here, most of his family is here, and he is revered in this town much in the same way that CRR is revered in West Virginia. Just my $.02 worth.

ApexTider

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 13, 2004

Jerry Moore is a great coach and he has done great in the 18 years he has coached at Appalachian State. However, I go to church with Jerry Moore and I doubt that he will leave Boone. He loves it here, most of his family is here, and he is revered in this town much in the same way that CRR is revered in West Virginia. Just my $.02 worth.
I agree. I went to Appalachian, and although it's flattering to hear Jerry Moore's name mentioned, I don't think he would ever leave. At his age, and the fact that he's both ASU & the Southern Conf winningest coach, along with the # of years he's been there, it would be a tough sell. We're getting ready to expand our facilities also, and I'm sure he wants to see that through.

Last edited:

dabaxter

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004

if winning, no matter to what level of competition, is all we are looking for, we should hire danny horn. he has coached clay county high school to 7 state championships in 3 different classifications (1a-3a). maybe he deserves an official thread. afterall, he's a proven winner. some of these candidates are getting rediculous. when the pride of the university of alabama has fallen to such depths as jerry moore, it is a sad day.
Not funny. Give me a break. 1-AA multiple championship winning coaches have been proven to be successful at the D-1 level.

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.

I figured we would eventually sink to the level of offering high school coaches as suggestions. Sad. I guess we need to look at state championships instead of national championships as one of the criteria of a candidate.

ApexTider

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 13, 2004

I figured we would eventually sink to the level of offering high school coaches as suggestions. Sad. I guess we need to look at state championships instead of national championships as one of the criteria of a candidate.
Tom Knotts....just led Independence HS in Charlotte to their 7th consecutive 4AA state championship tonight :wink:

Last edited:

bamapeppy

All-SEC
May 3, 2005
Re: Official Larry Kehres Thread

You need a job as a head hunter. Heck, you need some kind of job that will stop you from posting every coach in america's resume. How many of these dumb threads will you start? You think we are a laughing stock now? Hire a Div III coach and listen to the laughing.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
Re: Official Larry Kehres Thread

One thing I'll have to give you, you stay 'on message'. You've got my respect in that regard.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Re: Official Chuck Martin Thread

Please pardon the twisted overtones that will be found throughout this post, but investigators who have spent many years attempting to penetrate the dark recesses of Chuck Martin's amoral underworld frequently conclude that Martin is possessed by the devil. In the text that follows, I won't bother discussing the flaws in Martin's logic, because he unequivocally doesn't use any logic. Despite his protestations and rhetoric, the facts do not support Martin's claims. I always catch hell whenever I say something like that, so let me assure you that he likes double standards that diminish society's inducements to good behavior. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that if you read between the lines of his insults, you'll obviously find that it has been said that if a new Dark Age is about to descend upon us -- as many believe it will -- it will be the result of his harangues. I believe that to be true. I also believe that when Martin's stingy utterances are translated into plain, words-mean-things English, he appears to be saying that children should belong to the state. For me, this otiose, infernal moonshine serves only to emphasize how Martin's eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity. And his vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable?) There are two kinds of people in this world. There are those who see to it that all patriotic endeavors are directed down blind alleys, where they end in frustration and discouragement, and there are those who wake people out of their stupor and call on them to give parents the means to protect their children. Martin fits neatly into the former category, of course. Unfortunately, I can already see the response to this post. Someone, possibly Chuck Martin himself or one of his legatees, will write a batty piece about how uppity I am. If that's the case, then so be it. What I just wrote sorely needed to be written.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.