What is driving the anger from the LSU fans?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Most of the LSU population are PO'ed at Saban. But what is driving the anger? Is it he left then came back to college for a different team? Or is it he said "He would not be the coach at Alabama" and now is the coach?

Living in S'port I'm right in the middle of the outrage. I was cussed out at a Circle K on Line Avenue in S'port, LA by an LSU fan the other morning. She took one look at my Bama tag on the front of my truck and went into a profane rage at me. Keep in mind I hadn't looked at or said one word to the woman before she did this. She got my attention REAL quick.

I asked a scorned LSU buddy of mine if Saban had gone to Ole Miss or Vanderbilt would he have been this mad. Without thinking before he spoke he quickly said "not really". I made the statement that "Then it really has nothing to do with whether he "lied" or not then does it? It really has nothing to do with his "character". Because the majority of the people that has ever walked the face of this earth (at one point or another) has told someone a bold face lie."

The look on his face revealed the root of his anger. You see he told the truth when he admitted that it wouldn'thave bothered him if Saban would have gone to Ole Miss. The anger is coming from the fact that Saban is coaching at a school that can pose a real threat to LSU. It is like an ex girlfriend breaking up with you and instead of going out with an "ugly" guy she goes out with another guy that is "in your league", in your "neighborhood."

The game is still won on the field. Not in a press conference at the University of Alabama announcing Nick Saban. I consider the LSU Tigers the favorite to beat us in 2007. They are the strongest team in the SEC hands down in my opinion.

But with the hiring of Saban it just got much much tougher and will take a lot more effort with the REAL possibility of getting beat. THAT'S what I believe the LSU Fans are ....ed about.

J.E.B. Stuart

Suspended
Aug 11, 2000
Same thing that drove Bama fan's anger when Fran ran. They feel betrayed that he went to Miami and now 2 years later come back to an SEC west foe.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
I think because he is coaching at a major rival school in the same conference and same west division. Plus the fact that noone and I mean NOONE wanted to see Alabama land a great coach like Nick Saban.
I understand their frustration and don't blame them to a degree but they need to temper it a bit. It won't change anything. They have a good coach anyway. What really ticks them off is that WE HAVE A BETTER ONE!
Roll Tide!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I was hoping when Miles coached them to a bowl win that would cool them off, but it doesn't seem like it did.
We had the press conference where Saban said he wasn't going to coach at Bama linked here. It was plain to see he was backed into a box by the reporters playing gotcha. There was no answer they wouldn't have made a big deal about.
I think the negative crap in the media about Saban will only strengthen Saban's resolve to be a big winner at Bama, if it is possible to elevate it from where he started.
Bama fans, there is no doubt in my mind Saban will have us back on top. The only question is how quick it will happen. That's what's burning the LSU fans, and everybody else.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Same thing that drove Bama fan's anger when Fran ran. They feel betrayed that he went to Miami and now 2 years later come back to an SEC west foe.
That probably gives them a bit more right to be angry than we were over Fran.

I never was that angry about Fran leaving. I felt that it was the way that he left that was classless.

I believe that the real issue is that they know that Saban is superior to Miles as a coach and a recruiter and they didn't mind that Saban left as long as he wasn't competing against them. However, they now feel shafted because they lost a great coach, replaced him with a good coach and then the great coach has returned to lead one of their biggest rivals.

rollinokie97

Jan 4, 2007
BamaBuzz, I lived there for a few years and learned that they hate Alabama due to the fact that Alabama spanked their purple and yellow butts for so long. Now WE have their former coach that they worshipped even after he bolted and left for Miami. The only fans that should be upset are the Miami fans, but those fans in Louisiana(the ones that are talking all the crap) are scared now that we are about to begin kicking their butts again and with the coach they think they still own? Don't get me wrong, there are some good fans down in Louisiana that I am friends with, but a large majority are not able to see the whole picture and be grateful to the man that brought their horrible program around to a NS after 5 years. You should ask them that since CNS realized that he wanted to get back into college football(after making a mistake going to the NFL), did they have a opening for a new head coach? I don't think so. Anything we do, they are mad about, especially now that we are trying to get Jimbo Fisher along with other members of their coaching staff and possibly recruiting in their(neck of the woods)for players, but Alabama has enough talent, we don't even need to go there. I love it! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!:biggrin2:

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
It spoils the 2003 National Championship....

Saban was LSU's savior and now he will coach against them.

LSU considers this situation a slap in the face (Think about it)

I remember seeing a photograph of an LSU fan's office. The room was covered from head to toe with Nick Saban posters, photos, banners, and a huge 2003 National Championship oil painting that had Saban holding the crystal football high into the air.

Think about how that guy is feeling now. His savior will be trying to defeat is beloved team every single year in the midst of a hate filled rivalry.

I'm sure that there are many rooms just like the above spread throughout the Tiger Nation.

It's embarrassing for LSU and it is a kick in the face b/c Saban was
"the one" that brought LSU back into the national spotlight... :cool2:

What if Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant were alive today (retired) and he decided to take the head coaching job at Tennessee? :conf3:

How would we feel.... :)

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't see why LSU should be so angry. Their program is in great shape and doesn't look to be falling off any time soon. I don't care who the coach is, you won't win 22 games in two seasons by accident even if the cupboard was full. Les is no Saban, but he is more than capable of keeping them at a very competitive level as long as he surrounds himself with innovative minds and recruits well.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
If you want to see moral outrage over Alabama hiring Nick Saban (who in case you haven't heard is completely lacking in character and is also a bald-face liar- wait until Tennessee week. It is all about character at UT.

The Shining Beacon and all that... ;)

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
You make it a pretty good point, sure Florida made a little stink about Spurrier going to SC, but then again he did let them know of his interest so they didn't have a whole lotta right to get upset. Still if Spurrier had gone to say Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn or Us. It would have been a completely different outcry.

Sorta like LSU right now.

Although I think everyone can unerstand some frustration form the LSU folks.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
plain and simple them lsu fans suck!! i was born and raised there; and thank GOD , i now live in texas. i will pull for auburn to spank their candy arses every year. because unless you have lived there (especially back in the 80's) you dont understand the hatred them pathetic losers have for ALABAMA. i've seen bumper stickers that have said "my favorite 2 teams is lsu and whoever plays bama". and if having saban infuriates them idiots...i say good; i'm even more happy that we have him. and i cant wait till we start owning them again like we did in the 70's; and start another 30 year history of owning tigger stadium too.

Last edited:

hightide5

1st Team
Nov 18, 2006
I would probably feel the same way that these LSU fans do. I felt like this when Fran left us and would have felt the same if the Bear had left and then gone to another college team.

I really think that they should not be angry. We have not beaten them yet and their program at the moment is much better than ours. They just routed WVU and routed Miami last year and won a nat'l ship the year before. I think they might be concerned that we will contend with them but to show this much anger is a bit ridiculous. Let's make 'em madder on the field.

hightide5

1st Team
Nov 18, 2006
UF is in the nat'l ship but before I think they might have been angry. LSU people are off their rockers and drinking to much to know why they are mad.

Latest threads