How do I make my wife an Alabama fan?

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
7 months into my marriage, I haven't been able to get my wife to get into football, especially Alabama football. She loves baseball (Cardinals baseball since we live in St. Louis) but she really clueless when it comes to football and thinks it is pathetic that I'm so freakin obsessed with Crimson Tide football :biggrin2: I've try to tell her that the game of football is a lot like math..Geometry and numbers since she is a high school math teacher. She really likes tailigating for football games, but that's all I can get out of her. I am going to try to get her to come to Tuscaloosa this fall for a game, thinking that the game/tailgating atmosphere will help out greatly.

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas
7 months into my marriage, I haven't been able to get my wife to get into football, especially Alabama football. She loves baseball (Cardinals baseball since we live in St. Louis) but she really clueless when it comes to football and thinks it is pathetic that I'm so freakin obsessed with Crimson Tide football :biggrin2: I've try to tell her that the game of football is a lot like math..Geometry and numbers since she is a high school math teacher. She really likes tailigating for football games, but that's all I can get out of her. I am going to try to get her to come to Tuscaloosa this fall for a game, thinking that the game/tailgating atmosphere will help out greatly.
Take her down to Awbarn and she'll become an instant Bama fan. :biggrin: Honestly though, I think going to an actual game will do a lot. She'll actually feel the intensity and atmosphere.

ApexTider

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 13, 2004
I think you're on the right track with bringing her to a game if she's never been to one. The atmosphere alone should close the deal. Or, if she still is not interested, divorce her and marry somone who is already a fan. ;)

Dogtown Darren

3rd Team
Oct 31, 2004
Powder Springs, Ga.
Take her down to Awbarn and she'll become an instant Bama fan. :biggrin: Honestly though, I think going to an actual game will do a lot. She'll actually feel the intensity and atmosphere.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Bring her to T-town for a long weekend on a game week. Show her the Bryant Museum, the strip, the Quad. Go to Dreamland for some dinner. Enjoy all the tailgating, the Elephant Stomp, lavish her with t-shirts etc. and then take her to the game.

She'll be Crimson for life after that.:BigA:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Took the words right out of my mouth. Bring her to T-town for a long weekend on a game week. Show her the Bryant Museum, the strip, the Quad. Go to Dreamland for some dinner. Enjoy all the tailgating, the Elephant Stomp, lavish her with t-shirts etc. and then take her to the game.

She'll be Crimson for life after that.:BigA:
If she's from St. Louis, she'll probably think we're all insane.

TheCrimsonLiver

All-SEC
Aug 21, 2006
Pell City
Buy her all the cute bama gear you can and tell her how beautiful she looks in it. Tell her it is something from your heart that you want to share with her. SHe can't deny a mans heart when it includes her!!! If that doesn't work try a hypnotist or E harmony.com ;)

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I took my wife (then girlfriend) to a game a couple of years ago. She is not from the States and didn't know anything about American football before we got together. She was blown away by the experience at BDS and the campus. She still doesn't fully comprehend the rules, but she loves the Crimson Tide.

Tide64

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2004
Does she try to stop you from obsessing over Alabama football? If not, what difference does it make?

My wife is an Alabama fan, but not a football fan. She can't understand why I will watch other teams play. :)

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
One Game at BDS should do the trick no lie, get there early tail gate a good bit, she'll feel the vibe. My wife is from California Big Oakland fan and a 49er Fan. She didn't even give COllege Ball a thought .. until one game and boom she's as big a fan as any now.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
These things take time, especially when it comes to some women and their willingness to watch football. But at least she does watch baseball, and that in itself holds promise. You have to first introduce her to the University of Alabama, the Crimson Tide, and teach her what it means to be a Tide fan. If she likes Cardinals baseball, perhaps you can start by taking her to some Crimson Tide baseball games. Then, after she becomes accustomed to that, it should become increasingly easy to introduce her to Crimson Tide football. It may take a while, maybe a couple of years or so. But in the end, your efforts should pay off. During this time period, you should buy her small things like her very own BAMA hat, sweatshirt or jacket. These are things she will grow to treasure and wear with pride. At the outside, I would say that in your 5th year of marriage, you should be able to have her sitting beside you in BDS, and she will be yelling as loud as you. Small steps, my friend, small steps.

BTW, at no time should you NOT go to a game simply because she doesn't want to go. It is very important that you go to games. You should also make her feel like you WANT her to go, and eventually she will go to games with you, if for no other reason than to be with you.

Last edited:

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Go to Victoria's Secret and find something in a nice shade of Crimson .:wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.