Tribute to Prothro

hightide5

1st Team
Nov 18, 2006
God bless that fine young man. He is such an inspiration and I wish him the best. I think that this year if he had been healthy nobody would be talking about Calvin Johnson, Dwyane Jarrett, and Ted Ginn, they would have been talking about Pro. I love him and hope he will recover soon.

NOSty

Suspended
Nov 23, 2002
Houston, Texas
Tyrone with his catch and the gamehe had against Florida was catapulting him up the HEisman watch.

My favorite play is that demolition of two 'Cocks. #24 turns his head too late to avoid Prothro, but his head movement of "OH SNAP, BRACE FOR IMPACT" is something funny.

God Bless, Tyrone.

Last edited:
Tyrone Prothro

Correct me if I am wrong but the last season game the announcers commented about Prothro and stated that he was returning next year to play for Alabama. I have also read this but can not locate the link. The thing is I just read that ESPN has prothro in the NFL draft. What is the deal is he staying or not?

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Re: Tyrone Prothro

It wouldn't surprise me if ESPN didn't know Prothro was injured and instead thought he just finished his senior year and assumed he entered the draft. They are morons.

bamasae

Scout Team
Nov 5, 2006
Lake Martin

I know as Bama fans we want a great kid like Pro to come back, but honestly (and consult any number of orthopedics if you don't believe me) it would take nothing short of a miracle for Pro to play again, much less be anywhere near as effective as he was.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005

If he did come back, I would be amazed. It was a big loss for us, but I think his injury was a career stopper.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

I know as Bama fans we want a great kid like Pro to come back, but honestly (and consult any number of orthopedics if you don't believe me) it would take nothing short of a miracle for Pro to play again, much less be anywhere near as effective as he was.

Yep, Pro will always be a sentimental favorite player of mine, and I wish him well in his future endeavors. Damn, he was just such an exciting player! I would like to see him put on the uni one more time and take the field in a game.

ApexTider

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 13, 2004

Yep, Pro will always be a sentimental favorite player of mine, and I wish him well in his future endeavors. Damn, he was just such an exciting player! I would like to see him put on the uni one more time and take the field in a game.
Maybe next season on Sr. Day after the game is well in hand, Saban will let him take the final victory formation snap.....that is of course if he can't compete at full speed.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame

Last year, a few weeks after that injury occurred, I heard some comments by Joe Gervin, a Florida radio talk show host. Gervin absolutely pasted Mike Shula for having Prothro in the game, and went on and on about how Shula would never succeed at Bama and how the Prothro injury would ultimately lead to Shula's dismissal. I dismissed the tirade as sour grapes but it sure proved prophetic...

bamasae

Scout Team
Nov 5, 2006
Lake Martin

Yeah, it still breaks my heart sometimes when I think about it. In my opinion he had an opportunity to be a special player in the NFL, a difference maker like Dante Hall or Devin Hester. What happened to him was tragic.

I hope he is able to finish his degree at Bama and be successful in whatever he does. I know I will always be a fan of his as much off the field as I was on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.