2007 Alabama Signing Class (NSD 2/07)

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Here is the 2007 Alabama Signing Class. On NSD 24 prospects signed LOIs with Alabama. At least 2 signees are thought to be greyshirts.

al.com: Coach Nick Saban - Alabama Recruiting Wrap-up (Audio)

al.com: 2007 Alabama football signees

Jess Nicholas: Alabama lands a surprisingly solid class

Bama Mag: 2007 Alabama Commitment List

BOL: 2007 Alabama Commitment List

2007 Alabama Signing Class

Signees are listed by name with link and (ALABAMA) Signed LOI.

Quarterback:
Nick Fanuzzi - San Antonio, TX. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI

Running Backs:
Demetrius Goode - LaGrange, GA. (Hargrave MA) (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Jeramie Griffin - Batesville, MS. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Jamar Taylor - Lakeland, FL. (ALABAMA - Enrolled early) Signed LOI

Athletes/Wide Receivers:
Brandon Gibson - Mobile, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Darius Hanks - Norcross, GA. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Marquis Maze - Tarrant, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI

Tight End:
Chris Underwood - Birmingham, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI

Offensive Linemen:
Patrick Crump - Hoover, AL. (ALABAMA - Greyshirt) Signed LOI
William Vlachos - Mountain Brook, AL. (ALABAMA - Greyshirt) Signed LOI

Defensive Tackles:
Josh Chapman - Hoover, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Nick Gentry - Prattville, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Alfred McCollough - Athens, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Kerry Murphy - Hoover, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI

Defensive Ends:
Luther Davis - West Monroe, LA. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Jeremy Elder - College Park, GA. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Alex Watkins - Brownsville, TN. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI

Linebackers:
Jennings Hester - Atlanta, GA. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Rolando McClain - Decatur, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Chavis Williams - Dora, AL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI

Defensive Backs:
Tarence Farmer - Houston, TX. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Kareem Jackson - Macon, GA. via (Fork Union MA) (ALABAMA - Enrolled early) Signed LOI
Chris Lett - Pensacola, FL. (ALABAMA) Signed LOI
Michael Ricks - Courtland, AL. (Booneville, MS. Northeast C.C.) (ALABAMA) Signed LOI

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List

Offense

Quarterback

Nick Fanuzzi (Bama commit)- Overwhelmed on visit and committed on 1/22. Solid pick-up. Fits the taller description of a CNS QB.

Running Back

Jeramie Griffin- Bama out in front. Unconditional offer? Grades?

Demetrius Goode (Bama commitment)- great back, "can fry the eggs"

Joe McKnight (LSU/USC heavy faves, Bama entering picture)- McKnight's interest in Alabama stems from one thing: Nick Saban. He grew up watching CNS and if CNS was still at LSU, he'd be going there for certain. McKnight can do it all, and the comparison to Reggie Bush is not all that far off. If McKnight visits, we have a shot. However, it would take a coup of epic proportions. May or may not visit on 2/2.

Jamar Taylor (enrolled at Bama)- Jamar Taylor graduated early and has enrolled at Alabama in order to go through spring drills. He will start out at RB, but could tack on the weight and move to FB, as he split time in HS at FB and RB.

Noel Devine- visited 1/29. Quiet kid. Missed FSU visit, looking to reschedule and visit WVU.

Wide Receiver

Brandon Gibson (Bama, Aub, So. Car)- loved his visit and will make his announcement on NSD. I like the good guys here. ***1/23

Marquis Maze (Bama, UT)- visit went well to Bama.

Offensive Line

William Vlachos (Bama greyshirt commit)- firm.

Patrick Crump (Bama greyshirt commit)- firm.

Nick Fairley (Aub leader)- Another kid that I don't have a ton of info for. He's a tweener and could be a DE, DT, OG, OT, or TE depending on how much weight he could put on and still move. I am uncertain on how firm of an offer he has.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen

Luther Davis- (Bama commit)- firm, a little work to do in classroom, but should make it.

Nick Gentry (Bama commit)- firm to Bama.

Alfred McCullough (Bama commit)- no more visits, firm.

Kerry Murphy (Bama commit)- Needs a good test score.

Alex Watkins (Bama commit)- I can't say enough about this kid. AW has withstood tremendous pressure from the Viles and never blinked. AW could really be the steal of the class. Tremendous potential at end.

Chavis Williams (Bama commit)- firm.

Linebacker

Rolando McClain (Bama commit)- the beast is 100% firm to Bama and should see early PT as a freshman. RM wants to play MLB and should get the chance in the 3-4. Hall and McClain both in the middle makes me feel very good. Ratings of him continue to soar.

Jennings Hester (Bama commit)- has never waivered from his commitment and CNS appears to like his potential as an ILB in the 3-4. I would bet on a RS year.

Pat Lazear (Bama/WVU)- does he have an offer? If he does, he's ours.

Defensive Backs

Chris Lett (Bama commit)- CL is ready to go to T-town now after his visit. He is qualified now and is just a tremendous athlete. Coach Smart likes him at corner, but if that doesn't work out, Lett could play safety or grow into a LB.

Elliot McGaskin (Bama greyshirt soft)- firm.

Kareem Jackson (Bama commit)- came out of nowhere, but is a very quick corner that could return kicks. Solid, physical likes to play press man.

Michael Ricks (Bama, OSU)- Grades may not be in order.

Last edited:

BAMAMANFROMGA

3rd Team
Nov 6, 2006

RTO AND SURF, Idid a search and couldn't find where this had been asked before and scout has nothing on him.Is Quinton Prothro, Pro's brother or a cousin or no relation? And do you know anything about him?

SimCastilleFan3

All-SEC
Sep 7, 2004
Madison, AL

Well you know im a DB man RTO so here is my question, whats going on with Michael Ricks have we stopped showing interest or is he still on the radar? I really hope we can get a safety who can contribute next year or at least push Carter and Rashad Johnson.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Well you know im a DB man RTO so here is my question, whats going on with Michael Ricks have we stopped showing interest or is he still on the radar? I really hope we can get a safety who can contribute next year or at least push Carter and Rashad Johnson.
forgot to mention him....he's visiting this weekend. We'll see what he and the staff has to say afterwards. I'm hoping his grades are in order, too.

bamanator

Scout Team
Jan 20, 2005

RTO ,
What do you think about the possible visit of Miami QB commit Nick Fanuzzi
on 1/19 ? Do you think CNS is very interested in this young man or is part of a
"if you shop , we shop" deal ? Thanks in advance and for all the info & thoughts you give us....

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=2425629

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

RTO ,
What do you think about the possible visit of Miami QB commit Nick Fanuzzi
on 1/19 ? Do you think CNS is very interested in this young man or is part of a
"if you shop , we shop" deal ? Thanks in advance and for all the info & thoughts you give us....

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=2425629
Hmmm.....thanks for bringing that to my attention. I thought it was rumor up to this point, but there may be something to it. I liked Fanuzzi early on. Need to check up on senior film.

Edit: Just watched some senior film.....and I'm very impressed. Honestly, Marve or Fanuzzi, we can't go wrong. They are both very similar. Because of the height advantage, Fanuzzi is looking very good to me right now.

Any truth to the rumors that Saban visited a certain Barn commit from Brewton?
Yes, Jared Cooper, an OL. I don't think the kid has been offered from Bama. I believe he's a greyshirt for Aub.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Do we have room for a guy like that with Vlachos and Crump already taking a grey?
I honestly have no clue how many we'll take now, and if Vlachos or Crump might come in on a regular scholly now. If CNS and co. want a recruit badly enough, room is going to be made.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

I honestly have no clue how many we'll take now, and if Vlachos or Crump might come in on a regular scholly now. If CNS and co. want a recruit badly enough, room is going to be made.
It may be that there will be more than 17 scholarships available and with over signing for attrition it could be 20 or more signed. We have some very "soft verbals" that may not sign for what ever reasons. This is going to be very interesting to see how it all shakes out.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Center-Ryan Pugh from Hoover? I thought he was a senior this year. Is there no enterest? I didn't see him listed anywhere. At one time I thought he was among 100 best in nation.

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC

I believe RTO and CS have tag-teamed the Alabama recruiting scene into submission. This is better than the recruiting pay sites. Thank you for your efforts!

hightide5

1st Team
Nov 18, 2006

Vlachos is a quality player and I have seen him play a lot. Against Hoover he pretty much dominated Kerry Murphy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.