Coaching Clinic and Practice Update (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
K.Jackson

Where is D.Goode ? Thought he enrolled early .:conf3:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
arenas was recruited and always has been a CB on the team along with his KR and PR duties. a lot folks thought he would eventually go to WR, buts its been CB with him up to date

I'm glad too, cause he sticks to those receivers like glue. He may not be that tall but he has elite agility and could develop into a lock down guy against short to medium height receivers.

RTR

gpmmp75

Suspended
Aug 3, 2005
They didn't mention specific players.

Pharr still looks a tad light, but he's a hard worker.

McElroy has filled out. CMA is working on mechanics with him. Needs work on deep balls, otherwise looking good. Clear #2.

Grant didn't stand out, but all of the RBs look good. Might see time at KR. I like seeing him catch passes out of the flat and get in open space.
runtheoption22, with all due respect, what is your football background? Playing and coaching? The use of certain positions being used or not being used and unproven players solid in certain positions? Know, it's a nice read but lets wait to here who the players are out of the mouth's of the staff. Observation is what it is, except from the staff. It has only been five days. Let's, let things play out and here it from CNS and staff. I am also at most of the practices and am very impressed by many position battles which you do not seem to mention and I see great competions at many of these spots. Thanks

RTR

RTR

Bamafanman

All-SEC
Oct 12, 1999
Pensacola, FL
runtheoption22, with all due respect, what is your football background? Playing and coaching? The use of certain positions being used or not being used and unproven players solid in certain positions? Know, it's a nice read but lets wait to here who the players are out of the mouth's of the staff. Observation is what it is, except from the staff. It has only been five days. Let's, let things play out and here it from CNS and staff. I am also at most of the practices and am very impressed by many position battles which you do not seem to mention and I see great competions at many of these spots. Thanks

RTR

RTR
Ehh.....

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

RTR

maybe RTO is just calling it likes he sees it.. if you see some other position battles that merit worth watching or mentioning please tell us..

the way i see it - our best players will be returning next year, as starters, but you can also expect to see an emergence of young talent being utilized, more energy, ..more points? anyway, there are plenty of position battles all over the team (especially on defense) and i'm happy to hear multiple points of view. the mods do a good job of reporting news (which i'm here for) as often and as soon as they can.. Let's go out there and run the table in '07!!

RTR

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
The way this post reads *by the way, far and above all other posts on the 07 team* our RB corps will be doing a whole bunch of different things.... fast,pounding,catching,juking,jiving.

I believe that the 07 season will be a big surprise to all of us because opponents will not know what to expect with so many players in different positions. Lets hope that we squeeze the most out of all of the talent we have!

This post makes me believe that a freight train is headed for a BDS (Jacksonville)near you!!!!!!!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
runtheoption22, with all due respect, what is your football background? Playing and coaching? The use of certain positions being used or not being used and unproven players solid in certain positions? Know, it's a nice read but lets wait to here who the players are out of the mouth's of the staff. Observation is what it is, except from the staff. It has only been five days. Let's, let things play out and here it from CNS and staff. I am also at most of the practices and am very impressed by many position battles which you do not seem to mention and I see great competions at many of these spots.
:rolleyes:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

RTR
RTR
I'm a bit baffled by by your post. It's hard for me to see where you think I was stating that this is how it's going to be. I merely reported what was going on. No one knows who will start at any position right now, regardless of what group the players are currently working with. I'm pretty sure everyone understands that position battles are the norm on any football team in spring practice. Especially, since we have a new staff.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
AWESOME work, RTO...gets me fired up...really fired up. The fall is gonna be VERY surprising (and in a good way this year)...we're in good hands for years to come...

nooneLT

3rd Team
Nov 17, 2004
one of the best position battles is gonna come at RB imo. we have a lot of good backs and someone's gonna be disappointed with very limited pt.

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003

RTR

RTR

:rolleye2:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Great Post RTO!!!

Thanks RTO...best post of the Spring for me. This is why this site is the best for Bama news IMO. RTR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.