Coaching Clinic and Practice Update (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchoolBamaFan

Scout Team
Sep 23, 2006
runtheoption22, with all due respect, what is your football background? Playing and coaching? The use of certain positions being used or not being used and unproven players solid in certain positions? Know, it's a nice read but lets wait to here who the players are out of the mouth's of the staff. Observation is what it is, except from the staff. It has only been five days. Let's, let things play out and here it from CNS and staff. I am also at most of the practices and am very impressed by many position battles which you do not seem to mention and I see great competions at many of these spots. Thanks

RTR
Considering RTO was attending a coaches clinic, that should tell you a little bit about his background and knowledge of the game.

Tide Tales

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2006
RTO- "Most informative and well-written thread thus far of 2007!"
Thank you for the time spent typing up an excellent overall "report." The primary reason I joined Tide Fans Site was to learn more about football and
your 'paper' added several more pieces to my enormous puzzle. I don't care
what anyone else says (and I did not believe Saban would come to Bama based solely on what was reported he said) - I am going into the 2007 season much like I did the 1979 season - expecting Bama to somehow win every game.
I'm not a grumbler/fire him now type fan, so I accept the ultimate outcome, but
my expectation will remain win it all, Bama!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
:BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA: :BigA:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Thanks RTO. That was a very informative and insightful post. It was nice a nugget like since we are getting much from practices.

Thanks RTO. That was a very informative and insightful post. It was nice a nugget like since we are getting much from practices.
BamaFlum,
Great to see you posting again! I thought that you could no longer post from work? By the way, I remember that you used to keep up with other Boards, so here is the Barner perspective on the Coaching Clinic if you are interested (don't let it upset you).

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
BamaFlum,
Great to see you posting again! I thought that you could no longer post from work? By the way, I remember that you used to keep up with other Boards, so here is the Barner perspective on the Coaching Clinic if you are interested (don't let it upset you).
That barner seemed real objective. "I hate everything, but I want an autograph, and I'm going to gorge myself on all the food and beer." In addition to a loser mentality, he also has an entitlement mentality. Makes you wonder why he showed up in the first place.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Barner perspective[/URL] on the Coaching Clinic if you are interested (don't let it upset you).
Pretty typical Barner response. I guess he was expecting to witness the entire Offense displayed for his enjoyment, to have access to all the facilities, and to not feel crowded when there are 800 other people there. At least the dude gives us some props for being more intense.

nooneLT

3rd Team
Nov 17, 2004
BamaFlum,
while i didn't attend the auburn clinic that post is so biased it makes me kind of aggravated. saban and all his coaches basically kissed ..... all weekend to the high school coaches so he can get the recruits.

also, i had NO problems watching the offense practice, so i don't know where he got that from. what did he want to do, be on the field? we were all around the 2 fields they practiced in.

it would have been nice to tour the athletic building but i'm not gonna trash the decision to keep it locked.

overall saban and co made every opportunity to be available to talk to, so i get a little aggravated when posts like this are made.

TurningTide

1st Team
Dec 17, 2004
while i didn't attend the auburn clinic that post is so biased it makes me kind of aggravated. saban and all his coaches basically kissed ..... all weekend to the high school coaches so he can get the recruits.

also, i had NO problems watching the offense practice, so i don't know where he got that from. what did he want to do, be on the field? we were all around the 2 fields they practiced in.

it would have been nice to tour the athletic building but i'm not gonna trash the decision to keep it locked.

overall saban and co made every opportunity to be available to talk to, so i get a little aggravated when posts like this are made.
UA could have rolled out a red carper for that barner and he would have still complained? Why? Because he's inferior and it makes him (and many others) feel better to trash us. Notice one of the comments on that barner board??

"Thank heavens they have that thing and we have coach Tuberville."

That's right...keep telling yourself that, aubie. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
RTO... Could you tell from how the offense lined up what type of offense we might run? Were there alot of shotgun formations... 2,3,4 spread wide receivers..... FB or one back sets? I am curious as to what CMA and CNS will employ for their offensive philosophy.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
RTO... Could you tell from how the offense lined up what type of offense we might run? Were there alot of shotgun formations... 2,3,4 spread wide receivers..... FB or one back sets? I am curious as to what CMA and CNS will employ for their offensive philosophy.
they are doing a ton of installing right now.....the best I can say is exactly what CNS said after the last practice: "mulitple formations." All of what you said was run at some point.

Tide Tales

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2006
I do not believe the 'barner perspective' poster attended the coaching clinic. All he says is: "I couldn't hear." "Trying to use Stallings for our fund raiser." "Cops are *****because they didn't let me do what I wanted to, when & where I wanted." "Couldn't tour (go where I wanted)." "Worth $40 bucks 'cause I drank that much in beer." "Unfriendly coach." "UA(T) ? classless". If you read RTO's post, (even subtract his obvious pleasure) not one word of substance from this barner. Typically juvenile and without merit to me. And we'll see come November 2007. :)
He might be too young to know any history. "Prior to 11/29/58 Auburn had not lost a game since middle of 1956 - twenty-two consecutive games."
"You know when you beat a team over the years, you just feel like you own them." -Tommy Lorino (Auburn HB 1958). ("Turnaround" by Tom Stoddard).
And we all know what happened in 1959. Roll Tide! :BigA: :BigA:

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
"He also spoke on CNS first tour of BDS and how he was looking around intentively. CNS is big on the "psychology of performance, etc" so he's analyzing things a lot. He looked at the north expansion and backed to the south, and asked the "head stadium guy" (CLT didn't know who) how long would it take to get that end the same. The guy chuckled, "probably when we win another SEC title." CNS' response? "Tell the architect to get started."

I love this!
Definatly my favorite part of the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.